Strawberry Jello Mousse Cups are an easy, creamy, delicious dessert that you can make with very little effort and enjoy anytime of the year.
I love quick and easy desserts like Strawberry Jello Mousse Cups. Out of all the strawberry jello desserts, this is the best by far. It is jello but it is elegant! The first thing I think about when I see a strawberry Jello dessert is Summer. They’re always so cool and satisfying during the summer heat. But I think they’re also a welcome dessert during the winter months for Thanksgiving and Christmas too. Having a light in texture, creamy dessert after a big holiday meal is a welcome sight to me. It’s like the perfect amount of sweet to end the perfect meal.
Strawberry Jello Mousse Cups are delicious just the way they are but you know me, I’m always thinking about the possibilities, and this one has a few.
- The first one that comes to mind is that you can make this treat with sugar-free strawberry jello and sugar-free Cool Whip.
- The second option would be switching the jello flavor to lemon and using any fresh berry that you like in season. Lemon does wonderful things to fruit. It enhances its flavor. Lemon jello with blueberries, raspberries or strawberries for that matter would be amazing. You can also experiment with other Jello flavors and fruit combinations, oh the possibilities!
Now that we’ve got our creative juices flowing with options, let’s make Strawberry Jello Mousse Cups together.
Strawberry Mousse Cups Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 cup of ice cubes
- 2 cups strawberries or the berries of your choice
- 1 package (o.3oz) Strawberry Jello
- 2 cups thawed Cool Whip, divided
We start this easy strawberry jello dessert recipe by placing the strawberry jello into a large bowl. Pour the boiling water into the bowl and stir until the jello has dissolved.
You are one step closer to those mousse cups!
Add the ice to the bowl and stir until it’s completely dissolved.
Gently stir in 1 1/2 cups of Cool Whip into the jello. When the Cool Whip is blended in well and there are no Cool Whip lumps in the bowl, fold 1 1/2 cups of sliced fresh strawberries into the mixture. Spoon the mixture into dessert dishes and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
There you have it, the fanciest strawberry jello dessert you will find: mousse cups! Make sure to comment on how it turned out!
PIN IT FOR LATER
Looking For More Recipes From Bunny’s Warm Oven , Try These!
Creamy Chocolate Mousse…Frozen Strawberry Cream Pie…Mandarin Orange Dessert...Lemon Cream Pie...Bavarian Cream Pie
Strawberry Jello Mousse Cups
- 1 (0.3 oz) package Strawberry Jello (you can also use sugar free strawberry jello)
- 2 cups thawed Cool Whip, divided (you can also use sugar free Cool Whip)
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced and divided
- Placing the strawberry jello into a large bowl. Pour the boiling water into the bowl and stir until the jello has dissolved.Add the ice to the bowl and stir until it's completely dissolved. Gently stir in 1 1/2 cups of Cool Whip into the jello. When the Cool Whip is blended in well and there are no Cool Whip lumps in the bowl, fold 1 1/2 cups of sliced fresh strawberries into the mixture. Spoon the mixture into dessert dishes and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Here’s one product I recommend for this recipe:
Latest posts by Mary Bostow (see all)
- 30 Peach Recipes You Have to Add To Your Recipe Book! - 08/16/2019
- Banana Crumble - 08/15/2019
- Ham and Scalloped Potato Casserole - 08/14/2019