Delicious Chocolate Mousse
This is the first Chocolate Mousse I’ve ever made. I have to tell you it couldn’t have been more delicious or easy to make!
If you have unflavored gelatine, whipping cream, chocolate syrup ( yes, canned chocolate syrup) and a little vanilla you have the makings for this dessert.
This little treat came together in about fifteen minutes tops in my kitchen. It’s nothing short of pure delight in your mouth with its smooth texture and soft chocolate flavor. Which got me thinking…..
Easy and delicious makes this the perfect last minute treat for dinner or an evening snack. But why stop there, let’s think about how you could use this little treasure.
A quick and delicious chocolate mousse in a pre-made graham cracker crust topped with whipped topping sounds tempting. Parfaits anyone? Layered whipped cream and chocolate mousse in a dessert glass with strawberries on the side.
How about those little puff pastry shells filled with mousse, or a quick topping for pound cake? Ahhhh, the possibilities!
I love it, the versatility of an easy delicious recipe to become what you make it. Right now, I’m heading downstairs to make my chocolate mousse GONE! Enjoy!
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 2 Tablespoons boiling water
- 1 Tablespoon cold water
- 1 cup whipping cream cold
- 3/4 cup chocolate syrup cold
- 1. Place 1 Tablespoon cold water in a small cup, sprinkle the unflavored gelatine over the water and let soften 2 minutes. Add the 2 Tablespoons of boiling water to the cup and stir until the gelatin is dissolved.
- 2. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the cold whipping cream until slightly thickened. With the mixer on, add the gelatin in a steady stream to the cream and whip until stiff peaks form.
- 3. Fold in the chocolate syrup and vanilla. Place the mousse into dessert dishes and chill 30 minutes.