Tortellini Meatball Soup
Tortellini Meatball Soup is just amazing. It’s loaded with flavor and very easy to make. The little meatballs are so good, you’ll want to make a double batch to use in another recipe.
The meatballs can also be made a head to save you time the day you make the soup. Serve this hearty soup with rolls to make a fantastic dinner your whole family will love. Enjoy!
Tortellini Meatball Soup
- 8 ounces hamburger
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 egg
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 carrots diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1 small onion diced
- 7 cups chicken broth
- One - 9 ounce bag cheese filled tortellini thaw if frozen
- 4 cups baby spinach
- additional grated Parmesan to top soup with
For the meatballs
- In a medium bowl combine the hamburger,parmesan cheese, parsley,1/2 Teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper,1/4 cup onion, egg and garlic. Mix to combine. Form into 1 inch balls. Place a saute pan on medium heat, fry the meatballs in the 2 Tablespoons of oil until done. Remove the meatballs from the pan, saute the onion,celery and carrots until softened.
- Add the chicken broth to a large sauce pan or dutch oven, bring to a boil. Place the meatballs, sauteed carrots,celery and onion in the pan. Cook until the meatballs are heated. Add the tortellini to the pan,cook until the tortellini is heated through. Add the baby spinach, stir and cook until spinach is wilted. Salt and pepper the soup to taste. Serve in bowls topped with grated parmesan cheese.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may like these as well.
Homemade Turkey Sweet Potato Green Bean Soup
DON’T MISS A RECIPE!
Get new free recipes delivered right to your inbox
Oh I just love this soup! Pinned and scheduled to share on Facebook!
Found you on Wine’d Down Wednesdays!
This soup looks delicious and pretty- OIlove the colors! Pinning!
Oh man, this sounds SO good! I can’t wait to try it out, I think my entire family will really love it. Pinning, thanks for sharing!!
Thank you Morgan!
Yum – this looks amazing! Thanks for linking up at the Delicious Dishes party!
Thank you Rose!
you don’t use any bread crumbs in the meatballs??
Shayne , no bread crumbs in the meatballs and they held together very well. Hope you get to try it!
I am a newly-wed and have made this for my husband several times….he says it is one of his favorite things I make! I have even substituted ground turkey for the meatballs and it still has so much flavor. Thank you!
Fantastic Ashley!! Thank you for coming back to tell me you made it!
This soup was fantastic!!!
Thank you Cassidy!
I used frozen meatballs because we’re in our travel trailer checking places off our bucket list. This was great tasting, easy, and hubby pleasing.
How fun! There’s nothing like hubby pleasing when it comes to cooking, LOL!
Nice, Tasty, Easy recipe. Will put this in my soup rotation, thanks for sharing.
I love when recipes are tasty and easy! Happy to share the tortellini meatball soup!