Soft and Chewy S’mores Bars are delicious and so easy to make. After you make the dough for the base of the dessert, save half for the top! It’s just candy bars and marshmallows for the filling. Try this s’mores recipe today!
Soft and Chewy S’mores Bars is made in a 9-inch baking pan which is great for people like my husband and me who don’t need a large pan of treats. The recipe can also be doubled and made in a 13 x 9-inch pan to feed a crowd. And well, once you taste them and see how easy they are to make, you may just opt for the large pan “just because”.
First of all, you get all the flavors of s’mores in this quick and easy bar recipe. For example, there are graham cracker crumbs in the dough base, chocolate bars and mini marshmallows in the center of the bar and then it’s topped with another layer of dough base. Next, this baked s’mores bars recipe is so easy the kids can help you make it and have a ball doing it. So let’s gather the ingredients for this s’mores recipe and get started!
Soft and Chewy S’mores Bars Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 graham cracker crumbs
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 4 milk chocolate candy bars (15/8 ounce)
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
We start the s’mores bars recipe by preheating the oven to 350 degrees and greasing a 9-inch square baking pan. Place the room temperature butter and white sugar into a large bowl, beat them together with an electric mixer until they are well blended. Add the egg and vanilla to the bowl and beat again until well incorporated. Set the bowl aside for a minute. Using another large bowl stir together the graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking powder, and salt. Swirl with a fork or whisk the ingredients together to combine them.
Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and beat until you incorporate all the ingredients. Press half the dough into your greased 9-inch baking pan and bake for 15 minutes.
While the base of the s’mores dessert is baking:
Unwrap the 4 chocolate bars and measure out 3 cups of miniature marshmallows. When the base has baked for 15 minutes take it out of the oven and place it onto a wire rack. Place the chocolate bars down onto the hot dough base. They may not all fit, you may have to force yourself to eat a couple of pieces of chocolate bar. Sprinkle the chocolate bars with miniature marshmallows. Take chunks of the remaining dough and flatten them out and place them over the marshmallows to make a top layer. They aren’t going to cover every nook and cranny but it’s ok, they don’t have to.
Place the pan back into the oven and bake an additional 10-15 minutes or until you have lightly browned the top dough layer. Cool the baked s’mores bars completely before you cut them.
Also, as I mentioned earlier in the post these baked s’mores bars would be a fantastic treat the kids could help make and get creative with. Make the dough for the dessert and let the kids decide what flavor of chocolate and marshmallows they’d like to use for their baked s’mores bars.
Kid Friendly Options for this s’mores recipe:
- First, you could use white chocolate bars instead of dark chocolate
- Next, you could use flavored or different colored marshmallows
- Finally, you could use chocolate bars with nuts
How cute would this be: you make these s’mores with white chocolate bars and colored marshmallows. The kids could make their own version of S’mores Bars to take as a snack for school or a party at a friends house. I absolutely love the idea, let those grandbabies and little ones in the kitchen with you and make Soft and Chewy S’mores Bars, Enjoy!
Looking For More Delicious Recipes From Bunny’s Warm Oven, Try These!
Soft and Chewy S'mores Bars
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 milk chocolate candy bars 1 5/8 ounce, I use Hershey’s
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease an 8 inch square baking pan.
- Beat butter and sugar together until well blended in a large bowl. Add egg and vanilla; beat well.
- In another bowl stir together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, and salt. Add to butter mixture, beating until blended.
- Press half the dough into the prepared pan. Bake 15 minutes.
- Unwrap chocolate bars; arrange over baked layer. They may not quite all fit, you may be forced to eat a couple pieces. Sprinkle with marshmallows. Scatter remaining dough over the marshmallows, forming a top layer.
- Bake 10- 15 minutes or until just lightly browned. Cool completely before cutting.
LASTLY, I AM ALWAYS LOOKING TO INTRODUCE PRODUCTS TO OTHERS, BUT I ONLY PROMOTE PRODUCTS THAT I HIGHLY RECOMMEND. CHECK OUT MY RECOMMENDED PRODUCT:
IN THE MEANTIME, ARE YOU SHOPPING SOON?