Soft and chewy Coconut Macadamia Bars. They’re filled with coconut and french vanilla flavor, topped with Dry Roasted Macadamia Nuts Sea Salted and drizzled with chocolate! Oh yeah these are incredible!Along with being absolutely irresistible they’re a cinch to make with a store bought french vanilla cake mix! Let me say that these bars are down right addictive. The soft chewy texture along with the french vanilla flavor and coconut is amazing by it’s self , but the addition of macadamia nuts and chocolate make them over the top delicious! Making this with a store bought cake mix means it comes together fast and very uncomplicated. These bars are about as perfect in every way , shape or form that you can think of! They’d be great as a Memorial Day Picnic Treat! Enjoy!
Soft and Chewy Coconut Macadamia Bars
- One French Vanilla Cake Mix Pillsbury or Duncan Hines makes them
- 1/3 cup butter cold
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups flaked sweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips semi sweet or milk chocolate...your preference
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13x9 inch baking pan with shortening.
- 2. Place the dry cake mix in a large bowl. Cut the cold butter into the cake mix with a pastry blender until it's crumbly.
- 3. Add the water,vanilla and slightly beaten egg, mix well. The mixture will resemble a dough. Stir in the coconut.
- 4. Press the dough into the prepared 13x9 inch baking pan with your hands. Sprinkle the chopped macadamia nuts on top of the dough.
- 5. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.
- 6. Cool on rack for about 15 minutes.
- 7. Melt chocolate chips in the microwave or in a double boiler, drizzle over bars