Pecan Cream Cheese Pie is decadent. With a cream cheese bottom layer and a pecan filling top layer this delicious pie will quickly become your “go to” recipe to make and bake for family and friends all year round.
Pecan Cream Cheese Pie Pecan Cream Cheese Pie. Your going to LOVE this! My son has already eaten half the pie himself. He told me, he would rather have this pie instead of regular pecan pie. With a cheesecake filling layer on the bottom and a pecan pie filling on the top, it’s like having 2 pies in one. This is a light pie and not overly sweet.
We’re making pie so the first thing we need is a pie crust. You can make your own pie crust, which I strongly urge you to do. If your going to make this delicious pie, do it up good with a homemade butter pie crust. You can make a homemade pie crust dough the day before you’re going to use it. Make your favorite pie crust recipe, wrap the dough ball in plastic and place it in the fridge overnight to use the next day. You can normally keep a homemade pie crust dough wrapped in plastic in the fridge for up to two days, but I wouldn’t let it go past two days.
I have no clue why (impatient is the first thing that comes to mind) but when I am excited about making a pie and I make the crust the day I’m making the pie and have to wait for it to sit in the fridge 2 hours, it deflates my urge to bake. I want it ready and waiting the day I’m making the pie. My practice now , is to make the pie crust dough the night before I want to bake so it’s ready when I am, the next day. I guarantee you if you make it a practice to get the pie dough made the night before you bake, you’ll bake more pies using a homemade crust.. Half the work is already done, all you have to do is roll it out and fill it.
Having the pie crust already made and waiting for you means you’re ahead of the game the day you make Pecan Cream Cheese Pie. Roll the pie dough out and fit it into a 9 inch pie plate and crimp the edges. If you’re in a hurry, you can use a premade frozen pie crust, thawing it before using it according to the package directions.
Our next step is making the first layer of the pie, the cream cheese layer. Place the cream cheese filling ingredients into a large bowl and beat them together until smooth
Cream Cheese Layer Ingredients:
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 Teaspoons vanilla extract
- eight ounce block cream cheese , room temperature
Pour the cream cheese filling into the bottom of your pie crust, spreading it out evenly and bake it for 15 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven. Remove the pie from the oven to a rack while we make the second layer, the pecan pie filling layer. Keep your oven on at at 350 degrees.
One layer made and one to go. To make the pecan pie filling layer place the following ingredients into another large bowl.
Pecan Pie Filling Ingredients:
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup white sugar
Whisk these two ingredients together until they are well combined. Then add the following ingredients to the bowl:
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 3 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 Teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
Whisk all the ingredients together until they are well combined. Set the bowl aside.
Sprinkle the toasted pecans evenly over the baked cream cheese layer in the pie plate.
SLOWLY pour the corn syrup mixture evenly over top of the pecans in the pie pan. Place the pie back into the oven and bake 35 – 40 minutes or until set in the middle. Cool completely, then refrigerate the pie.
Look at this! Who could resist a pie with both a cream cheese and pecan pie filling layer all in one pie! Pecan Cream Cheese Pie is decadent!
PIN IT FOR LATER
Looking For More Recipes From Bunny’s Warm Oven, Try These!
Creamy Blueberry Pie...Glazed Cherry Coffee Cake…Cream Cheese Wrapped Olives…Sour Cream Apple Cake…The Best Coconut Cream Pie
Pecan Cream Cheese Pie
- One homemade 9 inch pie crust or refrigerated prepackaged pie crust
- One 8 ounce package cream cheese room temperature
- 3 eggs divided
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar divided
- 4 teaspoons vanilla divided
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 3 Tablespoons butter melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups toasted pecan pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place your homemade or prepackaged pie crust in a 9 inch deep dish pie plate.
- Using a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, 1 egg, 1/4 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons vanilla together until smooth. Pour the cream cheese mixture into the bottom of the pie crust, spread out evenly, bake for 15 minutes.
- In another large bowl, add the remaining 2 eggs and 1/2 cup sugar. Whisk together until well combined. Add the corn syrup, butter, the remaining 2 teaspoons of vanilla and salt to the bowl. Whisk until well blended together.
- Sprinkle the toasted pecan pieces evenly over the baked cream cheese layer in the pie plate. Slowly pour the corn syrup mixture evenly over the pecans. Bake 35 - 40 minutes or until set in the middle. Cool completely. Refrigerate pie. Refrigerate any leftovers.