Creamy Blueberry Pie
Creamy Blueberry Pie has a layer of custard made with sour cream , not milk, that makes it not only creamy and blueberry delicious, but very easy to make.
I made a blueberry pie that is a little different today and absolutely delicious. It’s a great summer pie and a fantastic way to use fresh or frozen thawed and drained blueberries. It’s creamy because it has sour cream in the custard portion of the pie.
Yes, sour cream not milk. You don’t taste the sour cream, which allows the blueberries to come shining through! The sour cream just makes it creamy. Let’s get baking, we’re going make a Creamy Blueberry Pie!
The Steps to Make Creamy Blueberry Pie
First, we need a 9-inch pie crust, I always put a baking sheet under the crust when it has the filling in it and it’s ready to bake. I do it with all pies just because well…just in case.
Make a homemade pie crust or buy a premade pie crust. I also used frozen blueberries thawed under warm water and drained well. Get your pie crust ready and place 3 cups blueberries in the bottom of it.
Next time I make this I think I’m going to add a little lemon juice to the mix, maybe a teaspoon. Lemon and blueberry go so well together and it always brightens up the taste of blueberries.
Our final step is to make the streusel topping and sprinkle it over top of the custard filling. Set your oven at 350 degrees and bake 50 minutes. I put foil over the top of the pie for the first 20 minutes of baking to keep the crust from getting to brown.
Cool completely on a wire rack. After mine was cooled I refrigerated it, it’s so good cold!! This was so easy to make and so very GOOD!!! Switch out the berries to suit what you have. You can’t go wrong with this pie! Enjoy!
PIN IT FOR LATER
Looking For More Delicious Recipes From Bunny’s Warm Oven, Try These!
Creamy Blueberry Pie
- One 9 inch pie crust
- 3 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen, if frozen thaw and drain well
For the filling:
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/8 Teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs beaten well
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, cold and cubed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees . Place the blueberries in the pastry shell and set aside.Combine 1 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, and salt in a medium bowl. Add eggs and sour cream, whisk until well blended. Pour the sour cream custard over the blueberries.In another bowl, combine both white and brown sugars and 1/2 cup flour. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle the topping over the sour cream mixture and berries in the pie shell.Bake in the preheated 350 degree oven for 50 to 55 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool on wire rack. Refrigerate after it cools. Note...If the crust starts to brown more than you'd like, place foil over the crust and continue baking.