Apple Sour Cream Cake
Apple Sour Cream Cake is tender and moist. With a layer of brown sugar and pecans in the center as well as on top, it’ll quickly become a favorite.
If you visit me on a regular bases you know I have a love for homemade cakes. Nothing compares to being able to make a delicious cake like this with what I have in my pantry.
The aroma of cinnamon and apples baking in the kitchen reminds me that my favorite season is on it’s way. Bake a taste of Fall and ENJOY!
Apple Sour Cream Cake
- 1/2 cup butter 1 stick, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 medium apples peeled, cored and chopped fine
- 2 Teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 Teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter cold, cubed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Peel,core and chop the apples finely. Add 2 Teaspoons lemon juice to the apples, toss to combine. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the butter and white sugar until well incorporated.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, beat until light and fluffy.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together. Add to the egg mixture alternately with the sour cream. Beat mixture just until each addition of flour and sour cream are just incorporated into the batter. Stir in the chopped apples
- Spread half the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle half the topping over the batter. Place the remaining batter over the topping, sprinkle with the remaining topping.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 - 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from the oven, cool on a wire rack.
- Topping Directions
- Place all topping ingredients into a medium bowl, rub the mixture between your fingers until butter is well distributed into the mixture.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may like these as well.
DON’T MISS A RECIPE!
Get new free recipes delivered right to your inbox
Fantastic!! Everyone loved this. My step mother said it reminded her of a cake her grandma used to make!
Wonderful Dianne! Thank you so much for coming back to tell me!
Beautiful!! I am making this soon. I love all of your recipes especially your cake recipes. I love cake! Thank you for a great and fun blog!!
Let me know how it goes for you Lisa, I love hearing. Oh I love cakes tooo!! Thank you for taking the time to come back and comment . And please let me know how the Apple Sour Cream Cake goes for you sweetie!
This looked so good but…. I had to change some of the ingredients. When I read it I said, ain’t got no apples, ain’t got no sour cream, but still wanted to try it. So I use peaches and greek yogurt. I used oatmeal instead of nuts but used 3/4 cup instead of a cup. Then I put a thin glaze of powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk on it. WOW!! Everyone that has tried it has LOVED it. I wanted to freeze some but the peaches being so moist made it very soft so I was afraid the freezing would make it soggy. That is ok, I shared some and only have a few pieces left. This was a good recipe even with peaches.
It was sooo moist and delicious
Thank you Maz
I made one of these to take to work. Everyone loved it. I kept a few pieces for my husband. He was disappointed I didn’t leave more for him. Will make him one of his own tonight. I thought the topping was a bit much so I didn’t put use all of it.