Having a delicious no bake dessert recipe like Mixed Berry Romanoff in your recipe box assures you that there’s always an easy to make and uncomplicated dessert that will “WOW” your family and friends. This recipe literally takes minutes to make and waits in the refrigerator until you’er ready to serve it. What’s not to love…seriously.
How versatile is Mixed Berry Romanoff as far as ingredients go?
We have lots of berry and fruit options as far as this recipe goes.
- Instead of using 4 cups of assorted berries, use four cups of one berry or two berries that equal 4 cups. I see no reason why you couldn’t use the delicious sauce in the recipe on fruits in season in the Summer besides berries.
Can I make this dessert alcohol Free? Absolutely you can!
- You can make this delicious dessert alcohol free by substituting the Kahlua or Coffee Liqueur for strong coffee.
- You can substitute the Grand Marnier or Orange Liqueur with orange juice concentrate
Can I serve Mixed Berry Romanoff as a dessert for Summer and Winter holidays?
- Mixed Berry Romanoff is elegant enough to serve as dessert for a Winter holiday family dinner or laid back Summer Barbecues in the backyard.
Now that I’ve answered questions, let’s get busy and gather the ingredients for Mixed Berry Romanoff and make it together.
Mixed Berry Romanoff Ingredients:
- One – 16 ounce container sour cream
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Kahlua ( you can substitute the Kahlua with coffee liqueur or strong coffee to make this dessert without alcohol)
- 1 Tablespoon Grand Marnier ( you can substitute orange liqueur or orange juice concentrate to make this dessert without alcohol)
- 4 cups of assorted fresh ripe berries
- Sprig of mint as a garnish
We start this delicious berry dessert by making the sauce the berries will be nestled in. In a small bowl combine the sour cream, Kahlua, and Grand Marnier. Stir the ingredients until they are blended together. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill the mixture for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours.
To serve Mixed Berry Romanoff alternately layer the berries and sauce in dessert glasses and add a garnish of mint leaf to each dessert. You can serve the dessert immediately or cover the dessert dishes with plastic wrap and refrigerate them for an hour.
Looking For More Recipes From Bunny’s Warm Oven, Try These!
Strawberry Jello Mousse Cups…Blueberry Fool…Lime Pineapple Fluff...Blueberry Cream Pie…Mandarin Orange Dessert
Mixed Berry Romanoff
- One 16 ounce container sour cream
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons strong coffee, Kahlua or coffee liqueur
- 1 Tablespoon of either Grand Marnier, orange liqueur or orange juice concentrate
- 4 cups assorted fresh berries
- mint sprig for garnish
- To make the sauce place the sour cream, brown sugar, Kahlua ( coffee liqueur or strong coffee can be used in place of the Kahlua) , Grand Marinier ( orange liqueur or orange juice concentrate can be used as a substituted for the Grand Marinier) in a small bowl and mix until the ingredients are combined. Cover the ingredients with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 4 to 24 hours.To serve the dessert layer the sauce and fruit in 6 dessert dishes and garnish with a sprig of mint. If your not serving the dessert immediately, cover and chill the dessert up to one hour before serving.