This delicious Fresh Peach Cobbler recipe has so much going on in the way of flavour and texture it’s hard to pick whether it’s the fresh peaches with lemon you love more or the crispy delicious topping that covers the peaches. The flavours and textures together make one amazing cobbler.
This delicious cobbler is very easy to make. I’m not going to just tell you how easy, I’m going to show you how easy. Let’s get started and make Fresh Peach Cobbler! There are 6 ingredients that make up the batter portion of the recipe and you probably already have them in your pantry.
- white sugar
- self rising flour
- old fashioned oats
- whole milk
The fresh produce you’ll need :
- 6 fresh large peaches
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
We start the recipe by generously buttering a 13×9 inch baking dish. Leaving the skin on the peaches, slice them in half and remove the pit. Cut each half into four wedges. Lay the wedges in the baking dish and sprinkle them with lemon juice and lemon zest. The flavor the lemon juice and zest bring to the fresh peaches is credible.
The batter that covers the peaches is very easy to make. You don’t even use an electric mixer to beat it. To make the batter:
- Stir the softened butter and sugar together in a medium mixing bowl. Mix for about 4 to 5 minutes until the mixture looks like a sugary, buttery, paste.
- Add the oats and flour to the bowl, mix it into the butter mixture until you have course crumbs
- Pour the milk into the bowl and stir until you have what looks like a spreadable batter.
- Drop the batter in spoonfuls over the peaches in the baking dish and spread to cover the peaches.
After the batter is spread over the peaches, sprinkle the top of the batter with 1/4 cup white sugar.
Now this is the interesting part. Interesting to me I guess because I’ve never come across a cobbler recipe where I had to do this. Put 2 Tablespoons water, more if you need it, into a spray bottle. Spray the top of the cobbler with the water just until the sugar is wet and shiny.
If you need more than 2 Tablespoons use it, just remember the idea is to just spray enough water on top of the sugar to make it wet, not soaking wet, just wet and shiny. Wait till you see what the water does to the topping!
Spraying the sugar with water created a wonderful crusty top! The crispy top with the gooey filling and peaches was fantastic. The lemon juice and zest brought out the flavor of the peaches. It was sooooo good! I had friends over in the evening sitting at the patio table. I served this cobbler with a small pitcher of milk, you could use cream or vanilla ice cream as well. If you could have been there to see the smiles on their faces as they ate. Fresh Peach Cobbler is an easy, delicious recipe that is sure to bring smiles to anyone you serve it to, ENJOY!
PIN IT FOR LATER
Looking for more delicious recipes from Bunny’s Warm Oven, try these!
Fresh Peach Cobbler
- 6 large fresh peaches, leave the skin on, pit them and cut each peach into 8 wedges
- 1 large lemon, remove the zest from the lemon, then juice it.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 1 1/3 cups self rising flour
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cold water, a little more if needed to wet the sugar topping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Generously butter a 13x9 inch baking dish. Place the peach wedges into the dish. Sprinkle the peaches with lemon zest and juice.Place the butter and sugar into a large mixing bowl. Stir until well combined. Keep stirring and mixing for about 4 - 5 minutes until the mixture is creamy and resembles a buttery , sugar mixture. Add the oats and flour to the bowl. Stir oats and flour into the butter mixture for about 4 -5 minutes until you have coarse crumbles.Pour the milk into the bowl and stir for 3 - 4 minutes until creamy. it should resemble a thick creamy batter.Drop the batter by spoonfuls over the peaches. Spread the batter as evenly as possible over the peaches. Sprinkle a 1/4 cup sugar over the batter. Using a spray bottle, Spray just enough water over the batter so that it's wet and glistens.Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes or until browned and crispy on top. Cool 30 minutes before serving.
Looking for more delicious peach recipes, try these from other bloggers.