Fluffy, soft, moist and loaded with fresh peaches…Peach Fritters!
The recipe is very easy to make. After the ingredients are measured out and the peaches are peeled and diced it literally just takes minutes to put the recipe together. Let’s gather the ingredients and make this delicious treat together.
Peach Fritter Ingredients:
1 cup all purpose flour
1 Teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons white sugar
1 Teaspoon baking powder
1/2 Teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup milk
1 Tablespoon melted butter
1 1/4 cups diced peaches ( I used 2 fresh peaches which came to a little over 1 1/4 cups peaches
Oil for frying in a pan or a deep fryer
Powdered Sugar Glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar
milk, enough to make a drizzling consistency
Place the flour, salt, sugar, cinnamon and baking soda in a large bowl. Whisk the ingredients together until they are well combined.
Whisk the eggs, milk, and melted butter into the flour ingredients until they are well combined.
Peach Fritters Steps
Fold the peeled, pitted and cubed peaches into the batter. Set the batter aside for a minute while we heat the oil up to fry the fritters.
I fill the saucepan will oil, half way up the pan. I heat the oil to hot and then drop 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup batter into the hot oil. The batter will sink at first and then rise to the top of the oil. Cook the batter for 2 – 3 minutes, depending on the size of the fritters. While they are frying flip them over a couple times if need be to get a nice golden color on both sides of the fritter.
Remove the fritters from the hot oil with long handled tongs. Quickly drain the fritters on paper towels. You have two options to coat the fritters. You can either have a bowl of granulated sugar ready to coat them in after they are fried and drained or make a simple glaze with confectioners sugar and milk.
Things to Keep in Mind
You’ll notice there’s no confectioners sugar amount in the recipe to make the glaze. Just put confectioners sugar in a bowl, add as little or as much milk as you want to the confectioners sugar to get the drizzling consistency you want. It’s really just that easy to make. If you add a tad more milk than you wanted to, just add a little more confectioners sugar to the bowl and stir it in until it’s the consistency you were looking for. Place the Peach Fritters on a wire rack and drizzle the fritters with the glaze.
Now while you have those “just make” Peach Fritters on hand, try making yourself a Peach Fritter Sundae darlin, (peach fritters, vanilla ice cream, maybe a sprinkle of pecans and caramel sauce) you”ll love it. Delicious Fresh Peach Fritters, use those fresh peaches while you’ve got them to make this delicious easy treat! ENJOY!
PIN IT FOR LATER
Looking For More Delicious Recipes From Bunny’s Warm Oven, TRY THESE!
Delicious Fresh Peach Fritters
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 TBLs sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1-1/4 cups diced peaches I used 2 fresh peaches which came to a little over 1 1/4 cups of peaches
- granulated sugar in flat-sided bowl or a powdered sugar glaze
- oil for fryer or deep frying pan
- Powdered Sugar Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- milk enough to make a drizzling consistency.
- Whisk the milk and confectioners sugar together until the desired drizzling consistency.
- Using a whisk, combine flour, salt, sugar, cinnamon and baking powder. Whisk in eggs, milk and butter. Fold in peaches.
- Heat oil in fryer or pan to 375 degrees F. With long handled ladle, ladle about 1/4 -1/2 cup batter into hot oil. The batter will sink at first and then rise. Cook for about 2 - 3 minutes, depending on size of fritters. Remove fritters from oil with long-handled tongs. Quickly drain on paper towels or newspaper. Then place fritter in bowl of sugar or glaze fritters. Coat with sugar on both sides, or glaze tops of fritters.
Check out my top recommendations for kitchen items here!