An easy Strawberry Cobbler recipe using fresh strawberries. Serve this with ice cream for a fantastic Summer dessert.
Last week my grocery store had 2 lb containers of fresh strawberries at a ridiculously low price. The strawberries were huge and a beautiful deep color of red, they needed to be made into a dessert that would show off their color as well as flavor.
We start the recipe by washing , hulling and slicing the strawberries. I sliced my berries about a quarter of an inch thick. I wanted the berries to be sliced thick enough so they would still have some form after the berries were baked.
After the berries were sliced it was time to make the sauce. The sauce consists of three ingredients…
- lemon juice
- white sugar
These three ingredients are put into a saucepan and cooked until thick. The strawberries are added to the pan and folded gently to coat them.
I placed the berries into a 9 inch buttered baking dish, dotted the top of the berries with butter and moved on to making the topping. I mean seriously, how easy is this so far huh?
The strawberry cobbler topping has six ingredients…
- white sugar
- baking powder
- cold butter
Sift the dry ingredients together, cut the cold butter into the dry ingredients until you have large crumbs, stir in the cream. Sprinkle the crumbs over the top of the berries and bake.
I love recipes that are easy to make and yield fantastic results. And let’s not forget the versatility! Switch the strawberries out for blueberries or raspberries!
This is summer’s bounty at it’s best! Serve this delicious treat with vanilla ice cream or cream and watch the smile’s appear. Strawberry Cobbler, easy and delicious, it doesn’t get any better than that, ENJOY!
PIN IT FOR LATER
Looking for more delicious recipes from Bunny’s Warm Oven, try these!
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 Tablespoons cold butter, diced (this is to dot the strawberries with after they are in the baking pan)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon white sugar
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons cold butter, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
For the sauce:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Butter a 9 inch round or square baking pan .For the sauce:Place 2 Tablespoons cornstarch, 1/4 cup lemon juice and 1/2 cup sugar in a heavy duty saucepan. Cook on medium heat until the mixture thickens. Remove from the heat and add the strawberries, fold gently to mix.Place the strawberry mixture into the buttered baking dish and dot with butter.
For the crumble:
- Place the flour,sugar,baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Cut 3 Tablespoons of cold butter into the flour mixture until you have crumbs. Stir in the cream. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the strawberries. Bake for 25 minutes at 400 degrees until biscuit topping is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
Looking for more strawberry recipes,try these from other bloggers.