Moist and Delicious Peach Muffins with Crumb Topping
I promise this is the last peach recipe I’ll post till next year! LOL!! When you’ve got them, you’ve got to use them! I hadn’t planned on making these but the more I thought about peaches with brown sugar cinnamon and pecans.. well, before I knew it I had muffins.
They are absolutely delicious! The peach flavor is fantastic. I used fresh peaches but you can also use frozen that are drained well or canned peaches. The muffin portion is so moist and soft.
There’s a little over a cup of fresh cubed peaches in the recipe which gives you that delicious fresh peach taste. The topping of melted butter,brown sugar ,pecans and cinnamon fit these muffins perfectly.
It’s not an overly sweet muffin, everything works together perfectly to give you an outstanding flavor and texture. I wouldn’t change a thing, it’s just to good. Moist and Delicious Peach Muffins with Crumb Topping with a cup of coffee, you are going to love these! Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1/4 cup milk room temperature
- 1 egg room temperature
- 2 medium peaches peeled a heaping cup full, pitted and cubed can use, frozen drained well or canned peaches
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease the cups of a 12 cup muffin tin or use paper liners.
- Topping - Combine topping ingredients until mixture is crumbly set aside.
Muffin Batter Directions
1. In a large bowl combine the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder ,cinnamon and salt, stir with a fork to combine.
2. In a medium size bowl add the melted butter, milk and egg. Whisk to thoroughly combine.
3. Place the peeled,pitted and cubed peaches in a medium size bowl, toss with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice. Set aside.
4. Add the milk/egg mixture to the flour mixture and fold together till moist. Add the peaches to the batter and fold till just incorporated.
5. Fill the muffin tins or paper liners 3/4 full, sprinkle batter with topping. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes, testing with a toothpick for doneness. Let cool slightly and remove from muffin tins.