Moist and Delicious Peach Muffins with Crumb Topping
I promise this is the last peach recipe I’ll post till next year! LOL!! When you’ve got them, you’ve got to use them! I hadn’t planned on making these but the more I thought about peaches with brown sugar cinnamon and pecans.. well, before I knew it I had muffins.
They are absolutely delicious! The peach flavor is fantastic. I used fresh peaches but you can also use frozen that are drained well or canned peaches. The muffin portion is so moist and soft.
There’s a little over a cup of fresh cubed peaches in the recipe which gives you that delicious fresh peach taste. The topping of melted butter,brown sugar ,pecans and cinnamon fit these muffins perfectly.
It’s not an overly sweet muffin, everything works together perfectly to give you an outstanding flavor and texture. I wouldn’t change a thing, it’s just to good. Moist and Delicious Peach Muffins with Crumb Topping with a cup of coffee, you are going to love these! Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1/4 cup milk room temperature
- 1 egg room temperature
- 2 medium peaches peeled a heaping cup full, pitted and cubed can use, frozen drained well or canned peaches
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease the cups of a 12 cup muffin tin or use paper liners.
- Topping - Combine topping ingredients until mixture is crumbly set aside.
Muffin Batter Directions
- 1. In a large bowl combine the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder ,cinnamon and salt, stir with a fork to combine.
- 2. In a medium size bowl add the melted butter, milk and egg. Whisk to thoroughly combine.
- 3. Place the peeled,pitted and cubed peaches in a medium size bowl, toss with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice. Set aside.
- 4. Add the milk/egg mixture to the flour mixture and fold together till moist. Add the peaches to the batter and fold till just incorporated.
- 5. Fill the muffin tins or paper liners 3/4 full, sprinkle batter with topping. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes, testing with a toothpick for doneness. Let cool slightly and remove from muffin tins.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may like these as well.
DON’T MISS A RECIPE!
Get new free recipes delivered right to your inbox
How many cups of peaches would it be if you use canned peaches? And I assume you would drain them, right?
The recipe uses a heaping cup of peaches, if you were going to use canned peaches I’d drain them before measuring out a heaping cup full Zoe. Let me know how it goes for you!
Just discovered your blog and tried this recipe! Thank you for sharing as it is delicious,
Thank you Eddy!
I’m waiting for these to get out of the oven. I thought I had cinnamon in my cabinet and I didn’t!! But I had some cinnamon bark essential oil, so I put in a couple drops of that instead. I’ll let you know how it goes!
Thank you Allison. Hope it turned out ok!
My family and I love this recipe! I did not add enough peaches the first time! Won’t make that mistake again. Exceppent!
Thank you Stacy
My last muffins were a big fail. With this recipe I have redeemed myself. Thank you for this delicious muffin recipe.
Awe SWEET Wendy!! Your very welcome!
I used frozen peaches and doubled the peaches…. This is the best muffin recipe I have ever used!!!! Thank you Bunny!
Thanks for the recipe! They came out absolutely delicious!!
So glad to hear this!
Really quite good – super texture.
Thank you John, I appreciate you taking the time to come back and comment, thank you.
Great recipe, very moist with a crunchy top. Will definitely make again.
So happy you liked the peach muffins!
Heavenly! Absolutely heavenly!!!!!
[…] Moist and Delicious Peach Muffins with Crumb Topping […]
Love your blog and this recipe is delicious.
Thank you Velda! You picked a good one sweetie, this one’s a keeper for sure. Thank you for taking the time to come back and comment, I appreciate you!
These are easy and delicious! I omitted the nuts in the topping because I don’t like them and they still turned out great! I didn’t really measure my diced peaches and probably used way too many but it’s ok, no such thing as too many peaches! Thanks for a great recipe’
[…] Recipe Here. […]