Oh my you’re going to love Bakery Style Chocolate Chip and Pecan Cookies…but only if you love big, thick soft and chewy cookies!
Bakery Style Chocolate Chip and Pecan Cookies This is an amazing recipe. Once you make and eat these it’ll be very hard for you to go back to an ordinary small, thin chocolate chip cookie. You and I are going to go through a couple of steps in the directions so you understand what to expect before you make them. First….
The recipe calls for melted butter, not soft butter ….melted. This is what makes the cookie very soft and chewy. You’re going to combine the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar and then beat them together until they are well blended. This is going to take 3 to 5 minutes to do and when you’re done the sugars and butter will be so well blended that the batter won’t look grainy.
You’re going to add the egg, egg yolk and vanilla to the sugar, butter batter. Beat the batter until it’s light and very smooth, again this is going to take about 3 – 5 minutes. This step is going to make your cookies big and fat, trust me.
Apple Sour Cream Cake...Copycat TastyKake Tandy Cakes…Molasses Cookies…Toffee Peanut Snack…Lazy Day Cake
Bakery Style Chocolate Chip and Pecan Cookies
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter melted,cooled to room temperature
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1 egg yolk room temperature
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips or milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line 2 cookies sheets with parchment paper.
- 1. Sift together the dry ingredients ( flour,baking soda and salt)
- 2. In the bowl of an electric mixer - cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well incorporated, the batter won't be grainy and the melted butter will be incorporated. This should take 3-5 minutes.
- 3. Beat in the egg, egg yolk and vanilla till light and creamy. This will take about 3-5 minutes.
- 4. Fold the sifted dry ingredients into the batter until just incorporated. Fold the chocolate chips and nuts into the batter.
- 5. Measure the dough out with a 1/4 cup measuring cup, swiping off to level it. Roll the dough into a ball with your hands and place on the parchment lined cookie sheet 3 inches apart. Bake 15 -17 minutes until edges are brown. Remove cookie sheet from the oven and place on a cooling rack to cool with cookies on it about 10 minutes. Remove cookies from sheet to wire rack to cool completely. Makes 14 big, fat chewy cookies.
Looking for more cookie recipes, try these from other bloggers...Sweet and Salty Kitchen Sink Cookies (Panera Copycat) … Nutella and Dulce De Leche Stuffed Cookies