Oh my you’re going to love Bakery Style Chocolate Chip and Pecan Cookies…but only if you love big, thick soft and chewy cookies!
Bakery Style Chocolate Chip and Pecan Cookies This is an amazing recipe. Once you make and eat these it’ll be very hard for you to go back to an ordinary small, thin chocolate chip cookie. You and I are going to go through a couple of steps in the directions so you understand what to expect before you make them. First….
The recipe calls for melted butter, not soft butter ….melted. This is what makes the cookie very soft and chewy. You’re going to combine the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar and then beat them together until they are well blended. This is going to take 3 to 5 minutes to do and when you’re done the sugars and butter will be so well blended that the batter won’t look grainy.
You’re going to add the egg, egg yolk and vanilla to the sugar, butter batter. Beat the batter until it’s light and very smooth, again this is going to take about 3 – 5 minutes. This step is going to make your cookies big and fat, trust me.
Apple Sour Cream Cake...Copycat TastyKake Tandy Cakes…Molasses Cookies…Toffee Peanut Snack…Lazy Day Cake
Bakery Style Chocolate Chip and Pecan Cookies
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter melted,cooled to room temperature
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1 egg yolk room temperature
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips or milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line 2 cookies sheets with parchment paper.
- 1. Sift together the dry ingredients ( flour,baking soda and salt)
- 2. In the bowl of an electric mixer - cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well incorporated, the batter won't be grainy and the melted butter will be incorporated. This should take 3-5 minutes.
- 3. Beat in the egg, egg yolk and vanilla till light and creamy. This will take about 3-5 minutes.
- 4. Fold the sifted dry ingredients into the batter until just incorporated. Fold the chocolate chips and nuts into the batter.
- 5. Measure the dough out with a 1/4 cup measuring cup, swiping off to level it. Roll the dough into a ball with your hands and place on the parchment lined cookie sheet 3 inches apart. Bake 15 -17 minutes until edges are brown. Remove cookie sheet from the oven and place on a cooling rack to cool with cookies on it about 10 minutes. Remove cookies from sheet to wire rack to cool completely. Makes 14 big, fat chewy cookies.
Looking for more cookie recipes, try these from other bloggers...Sweet and Salty Kitchen Sink Cookies (Panera Copycat) … Nutella and Dulce De Leche Stuffed Cookies
DON’T MISS A RECIPE!
Get new free recipes delivered right to your inbox
These look amazing. Simply amazing. Love the tutorial on how to get them so big and fat.
Thank you Holly, they were so good! I hope you get to try them!
Hey:) I am from Austria (-no kangaroos:)
and really searching for a perfect cooky, it will be part of an invitation card.
My question: do you think I can freez the dough? Or the baked cooky?
Thanks for your help:)
– they look really great!!!
You can freeze the dough or the baked cookie Betty. But if I were you I’d freeze the dough, thaw it out and bake as directed. Let me know how it goes for you!!
Very good looking cookie. I like soft, thick, and chewy cookies. I hate when they go flat and get crunchy. These would be a good bake sale item.
Thank you Charlotte, they were soft and chewy the next day as well!
I like you use more brown sugar than white sugar. I think that’s the secret to a great tasting chocolate chip cookie. Yours look amazing Mary!
Do you keep them in an air tight container? Does that keep crispy ones crisp or what is the difference there?
Would love to know the difference in storing them!
Hi Ellen! You can keep these in an air tight container and put a slice of bread on top of the cookies and that will keep them fresh.
Hi Nancy! Brown sugar has more molasses and it does make them nice and moist!
This recipe was developed by the America’s Test Kitchen.
Uh..I need a couple of these and a glass of milk. Oh yeah!! These are awesome looking!
Thanks for sharing!
These look so good! I always make cookies way bigger than recipes call for so these are perfect!
They sounds so yummy I can’t wait to try them for the kids.
Anonymous, well that explains why the recipe makes perfect Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Cookies! I love America’s Test kitchen!
Bobbi,thank you for pinning! It’s much appreciated! I hope you get to try them!
Shelly, I hope you get to try these,you will LOVE THEM!
Alexis,please come back and tell me how they liked them! Thanks for stopping by!
I have been very happy w/ my adjusted chocolate chip cookie recipe – we love it… but these also look amazing.. the melted butter is a twist, so we are going to try these… I love how they look – chewy in, crispy out. Thank you for sharing this…. it looks to be a winner. 🙂
Chocolate chip cookies are my favorite and the pecans are just an added bonus. Now, all I need is a cup of coffee. Thanks for sharing at Share It One More Time. Cathy
Your welcome Cathy!!
Gentle Joy the melted butter is what makes them so soft and chewy, I hope you get to try them! Thanks for stopping by!