Affogato is a delicious dessert made with ice cream, espresso or strong brewed coffee, chocolate and nuts. The perfect anytime treat that can be made at the spur of the moment for unexpected guests or for just the two of you enjoying a warm summer night on the deck.
This dessert is very versatile ,vanilla, chocolate or coffee ice cream can be used to put this together. I had cashews on hand to sprinkle over the top. Feel free to use whatever is in your cabinet. If you’re like me and don’t keep espresso in the house, use strong brewed coffee instead.
I made the chocolate curls with a chocolate bar. Make sure the chocolate bar is room temperature, run a vegetable peeler down the thin side of the bar to create curls.
I put this treat in a glass for the purpose of taking a picture. When you make it, make sure to put it in a coffee mug so you don’t have a problem when adding the hot coffee or espresso to the ice cream. Ice cream, coffee, chocolate and nuts. This easy little treat is swoon worthy. Enjoy!
PIN IT FOR LATER
Looking For More Recipes From Bunny’s Warm Oven, Try These!
- 2 scoops ice cream vanilla,chocolate or coffee flavored
- 3 tablespoons strong brewed coffee or espresso hot
- chocolate curls or shavings
- Cashews or Hazelnuts for the top.
- Place 2 small scoops of ice cream into a coffee cup. Pour the coffee over the ice cream, top with chocolate curls and nuts.
Looking for more ice cream recipes, try these from other bloggers.