I grew up in Pennsylvania and am very familiar with apple fritters. The restaurant that I helped manage made apple fritters as a side dish, we made apple fritter sundaes with them as well. The thought of making peach fritters never crossed my mind until I was talking to my little brother Kevin about what my next post would be. When Kev told me he saw peach fritters at the market, the light came on! Delicious Fresh Peach Fritters…ENJOY!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 TBLs sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1-1/4 cups diced peaches I used 2 fresh peaches which came to a little over 1 1/4 cups of peaches
- granulated sugar in flat-sided bowl or a powdered sugar glaze
- oil for fryer or deep frying pan
- Powdered Sugar Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- milk enough to make a drizzling consistency.
- Whisk the milk and confectioners sugar together until the desired drizzling consistency.
Using a whisk, combine flour, salt, sugar, cinnamon and baking powder. Whisk in eggs, milk and butter. Fold in peaches.
Heat oil in fryer or pan to 375 degrees F. With long handled ladle, ladle about 1/4 -1/2 cup batter into hot oil. The batter will sink at first and then rise. Cook for about 2 - 3 minutes, depending on size of fritters. Remove fritters from oil with long-handled tongs. Quickly drain on paper towels or newspaper. Then place fritter in bowl of sugar or glaze fritters. Coat with sugar on both sides, or glaze tops of fritters.