Pecan Cream Cheese Pie
I have to apologize for my lack of posting a new recipe for the last 2 weeks. Paul and I have been working on the inside of the house. My husband built our home himself, adding room by room as he had the money. Somehow the big construction got done but many little things were left for another time. We took care of all those little things these past two weeks.
I was finally able to get back into the kitchen yesterday to make this delicious Pecan Cream Cheese Pie. Your going to LOVE this! Paul has already eaten half the pie himself. He told me, he would rather have this for Thanksgiving dessert instead of regular pecan pie. With a cheesecake filling layer on the bottom and a pecan pie filling on the top, it’s like having 2 pies in one. This is a light pie and not overly sweet, Perfect for Thanksgiving dessert. Enjoy!
- One homemade 9 inch pie crust or refrigerated prepackaged pie crust
- One 8 ounce package cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 eggs, divided
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 4 teaspoons vanilla, divided
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 3 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups toasted pecan pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place your homemade or prepackaged pie crust in a 9 inch deep dish pie plate.
- Using a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, 1 egg, 1/4 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons vanilla together until smooth. Pour the cream cheese mixture into the bottom of the pie crust, spread out evenly, bake for 15 minutes.
- In another large bowl, add the remaining 2 eggs and 1/2 cup sugar. Whisk together until well combined. Add the corn syrup, butter, the remaining 2 teaspoons of vanilla and salt to the bowl. Whisk until well blended together.
- Sprinkle the toasted pecan pieces evenly over the baked cream cheese layer in the pie plate. Slowly pour the corn syrup mixture evenly over the pecans. Bake 35 - 40 minutes or until set in the middle. Cool completely. Refrigerate pie. Refrigerate any leftovers.