Creamy Peach Pie
Easy to make, this light, cool, creamy peach pie is the perfect any time of the year dessert. The graham cracker crust, cream cheese layer, peaches, and topping come together perfectly to make one luscious treat.
To start, we use a graham cracker crust. I made a homemade crust but a nine-inch pre-packaged crust will do just fine and save you some time.
Creamy Peach Pie: The First Layer
The first layer of the peach pie is made of cream cheese and a small amount of whipped topping. That layer gets spread onto the bottom of the crust. Be careful spreading the cream cheese layer, it will pick up some of the graham crackers as you spread if your spatula happens to touch the crust as you’re spreading.
The Second Layer of the Pie
Next, for the second layer, use canned peach slices that have been drained. Arrange them on top of the cream cheese layer.
The Third Layer of the Creamy Peach Pie: The Surprise!
The third layer surprised me because I never made anything like it before! The third layer is cook-and-serve vanilla pudding and peach gelatin. Cook them together on the stove.
Then, spoon what you created over the peaches. This is perfection…peachy, creamy summertime treat perfection. Enjoy!
Creamy Peach Pie
- one 9 inch graham cracker crust, homemade or prepackaged
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup Cool Whip, thawed or store brand equivalent
- one 3 oz package peach jello
- one 3 oz package cook and serve vanilla pudding
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 29 ounce can sliced peaches, drained (2 cups)
- Place the cream cheese and confectioners sugar in a medium bowl, beat with a mixer until thoroughly blended. Fold the Cool Whip into the mixture until well combined. Spread into the bottom of the graham cracker crust. Place the gelatin and cook and serve pudding into a small saucepan, add the water, stir to mix thoroughly. Heat the mixture under medium to low heat , stirring constantly until it just comes to a boil. Remove from the heat, let cool 5 minutes. Arrange the drained peach slices on top of the cream cheese layer. Spoon the gelatin/pudding mixture over the peaches. Refrigerate the pie until well chilled.I
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may like these as well.