Kale Pesto Bacon Egg Breakfast Pizza is an easy, versatile and delicious breakfast, lunch or dinner.
It’s easy, it really doesn’t need a lot of planning and I feel like it’s a treat.
Kale Pesto Bacon Egg Breakfast Pizza is a an out of the ordinary and delicious breakfast, lunch or dinner that really takes no time at all to put together. This is a recipe you can prep for ahead of time. Frying the bacon, shaving or grating the cheese ,prepping the Kale can all be done ahead and waiting for you to use it.. Prepping ahead gives you the opportunity to make a special breakfast pizza for the kids and your husband before they leave for school and work. It would also make a fantastic lunch for you, if your workplace has a toaster oven.
This breakfast pizza is also very versatile. Use the cheese you have on hand. I have used Cheddar and Parmesan on the pizza. Use the pesto of your choice. I have made this using two different pestos, one tortilla with Basil Pesto and one with Sun Dried Tomato Pesto. There are no limitations here as long as you keep within the food measurements you can make it your own.
- The recipe uses 1/2 to 1 cup cheese, using this measurement to use the cheese of your choice.
- The recipe uses 2 Tablespoons of pesto, use 2 Tablespoons of the pesto of your choice.
- The recipe uses 1 cup of Kale, use 1 cup of the greens of your choice.
- Switch the bacon in the recipe out for ground cooked sausage
- Use a gluten free tortilla.
It’s easy to make this delicious breakfast pizza with your families tastes and dietary needs in mind.
We start the recipe by taking fresh Kale that has been cleaned, had the stem removed and been torn into bite size pieces. Place it into a bowl and add the olive oil. Get your fingers in the bowl and gently massage the oil into the Kale.
Your bacon will be cooked and crumble, the cheese will be either shaved or grated ( totally your preference) and your red bell pepper will be diced.
Place 2 tortillas on a baking sheet that is lined with either parchment paper or foil. Either is fine. We want easy clean up right? Yes we do, that’s what the foil and parchment are there for. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Place one Tablespoon of pesto onto each of the tortilla rounds and spread to almost the edge of each tortilla.
Scatter the shaved or grated cheese onto each tortilla. Place the Kale onto each tortilla leaving a small space in the middle for the egg. Sprinkle the crumbed bacon and diced red bell pepper onto each tortilla. Crack an egg smack dab into the center of each tortilla around all that deliciousness. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake this delicious breakfast pizza for 10 – 15 minutes or until the egg white is set. Remove it from the oven, let it cool slightly and enjoy! When the breakfast tortilla comes from the oven and has cooled, you can add diced red onion or avocado to your tortilla for added deliciousness.
Kale Pesto Bacon Egg Breakfast Pizza, just one more reason to look forward to starting your day the right way with an easy delicious breakfast, Enjoy!
PIN IT FOR LATER
Looking For More Delicious Recipes From Bunny’s Warm Oven, Try These!
Buttermilk Chocolate Muffins…Cinnamon Swirl Bread…Overnight French Toast Casserole...Buttermilk Pancakes…Blueberry Smoothie
Kale Pesto Bacon Egg Breakfast Pizza
- 2 tortillas
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup fresh Kale, remove stems and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small green or red bell pepper, diced
- 1 Tablespoons Pesto of your choice
- 1/2 to 1 cup shaved or grated cheese of your choice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.Place the bite size Kale pieces in a medium bowl. Add the olive oil and massage the oil into the Kale, set aside.Place tortillas on a parchment paper or foil lined baking sheet for easier clean up.Spread one Tablespoon Pesto on each tortilla round from edge to edge. Scatter the shaved or grated cheese onto each tortilla. Place the kale onto the tortilla rounds, leaving a small space in the center for the egg.Sprinkle the crumbled bacon and diced red or green bell pepper over the tortilla.Crack the egg into the center of the tortilla. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 10 - 15 minutes or until the egg white is set. Remove from the oven, let cool slightly (add extra grated cheese to the top if you like). Slice the tortilla and enjoy.
Looking for more breakfast recipes, try these from other bloggers. Breakfast Burritos …Freezer Breakfast Burritos
DON’T MISS A RECIPE!
Get new free recipes delivered right to your inbox
This is such a great idea!I love breakfast any time of the day too – it always feels like you’re getting a treat!
What a brilliant breakfast idea! So delicious!
We also love breakfast for dinner and this kale pesto bacon egg pizza looks super tasty. I love that I can have all the ingredients ready to go and when my husbands gets home I can assemble and cook. Thanks for sharing.
Ahh I love breakfast pizza but haven’t had it in way too long!! The runny egg totally makes this, it’s the perfect addition IMO! Yum 🙂
Thank you Sarah
What a fun idea for breakfast – my family will love this recipe!
Looks so delicious! Perfect for weekend brunch!
I am always down for pizza for breakfast and adding kale is even better.
Thank you Dannii
What a great idea for dinner for breakfast. it’s easy yet has so many wonderful flavors. I’ll be having it for dinner doon.
Thank you Edyta!
Great recipe! Perfect for a nice breakfast treat!