The Best Buttermilk Pancakes EVER!
Best Buttermilk Pancakes Ever
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups buttermilk - room temperature
- 1/2 cup milk - room temperature
- 3 eggs - room temperature
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, beat together your room temperature buttermilk, milk, eggs and melted butter. Keep the two mixtures separate until you are ready to cook.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. You can flick water across the surface and if it beads up and sizzles, it's ready!
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture, using a wooden spoon or fork to blend. Stir until it's just blended together. Do not over stir! Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/2 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot
There are a couple of things you want to remember when making them. The dry ingredients and wet ingredients are mixed in separate bowls and not combined until you’re ready to make them. Let your buttermilk , milk and eggs sit out to room temperature before mixing with the cooled melted butter. If they are cold ,the melted butter will solidify and you’ll have butter chunks. When you’re ready to mix the dry and wet ingredients together, only mix until the ingredients are incorporated. The batter will be lumpy, you want it that way.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may like these as well.