Kale Bean Soup is a delicious way to put more Kale into your diet and love eating it. This is one of the best soups with kale, you do not want to miss out.
Kale, the king of healthy greens, is one of the most nutritious plant foods in existence. We grow it every year in our garden. The problem for me is finding ways to incorporate it into recipes to reap it’s healthy benefits. Kale Bean Soup is a delicious way to put more Kale into your diet and love eating it. This soup with kale is packed full of flavor and extremely versatile as far as what can go into it and even the way you cook it.
I think of soups as good base recipes for me to build on as far as ingredients and flavor goes. It’s usually a work in progress until it’s finally tweaked to my liking. You could certainly substitute other greens for Kale, or use a combination including it, but having a soup with kale has extreme health benefits. I simmered the soup on the stove for about an hour to make sure that the kale was nice and tender. You could also use a crock pot and let it gently cook for about 6 hours on low. Adding chicken or Italian sausage will satisfy the meat lovers in your family. Kale Bean Soup is a hearty, delicious meal that just happens to be good for you. If you are a soup fan of any kind, make sure you use this as your soup with kale to maximize the health benefits while eating tasty food!
Kale Bean Soup is an easy one pot recipe that starts by placing olive oil in a large pot and sauteing the garlic and onion in the recipe until soft. Add the fresh kale to the ingredients in the pot and stir until it’s wilted.
Next, add 3 cups of broth and 2 cups of beans to the pot. The recipe uses chicken broth, if you’d like this to be a vegetarian soup, substitute the chicken broth in the recipe for vegetable broth. After the broth is added to the pot, place the tomatoes, Italian herbs, lemon juice, Parmesan rind, salt and pepper to the soup. Simmer the soup for 5 minutes.The last step in this delicious soup is to place the remaining beans and broth in the recipe into a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Stir the processed broth and beans into the pot and simmer the ingredients about an hour or until the Kale is tender. Remove the Parmesan rind from the soup, ladle the soup into bowls and top with grated Parmesan.
If you’ve never used a Parmesan rind when your making soup your going to be soooo very pleased with the flavor it adds. I don’t make soup anymore without using it. Whether I’m making a chicken or beef flavored soup I use the rind from a wedge of Parmesan Cheese. If I’ve already used the rind and I’m making another batch of soup that week I cut a slice of Parmesan from the wedge end and throw it into the soup as it simmers. It adds wonderful flavor. Kale Bean Soup is an easy, healthy soup. Use this soup with kale to add more Kale to your diet, ENJOY!
PIN IT FOR LATER
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPES FROM BUNNYS WARM OVEN, TRY THESE!
Kale Bean Soup
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 - 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cups Kale, chopped into small pieces
- Two 15 ounce cans white beans - you can use Great Northern, Navy, Cannellini
- 1 small can tomatoes, drained or 4 plum tomatoes, diced
- 2 Teaspoons dried Italian Herb Seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan rind
- Grated Parmesan Cheese for topping
- Heat olive oil in a large pot. Add the garlic and onion, saute until soft. Add kale, saute and stir until wilted.Add 3 cups of broth, 2 cups of beans, all the tomatoes, herbs ,lemon juice , Parmesan rind, salt and pepper to the pot. Simmer 5 minutes. Place the remaining ingredients into a blender or food processor. Process until smooth. Stir the processed ingredients into the soup to thicken. Simmer about an hour or until kale is tender. Ladle into bowls, sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese.Crock Pot Method - After the garlic, onion and Kale are sauteed, all ingredients can be placed in a crock pot to cook on low for 6 hours.
I AM ALWAYS LOOKING TO INTRODUCE PRODUCTS TO OTHERS, BUT I ONLY PROMOTE PRODUCTS THAT I HIGHLY RECOMMEND. CHECK OUT MY RECOMMENDED PRODUCT: