Sour Cream Lemon Pie
Sour Cream Lemon Pie…magnificent, smooth, creamy, light and refreshing. Oh yeah, this was amazing! I made the all butter crust late in the afternoon yesterday.
It was one of those days where things kept getting in the way of me making the filling until after dinner. I was able to taste the pie for the first time about 10 pm last night.
The lemon flavor is wonderful! Think lemon sherbet, it’s a delightful flavor that’s not harsh just creamy, smooth and delicious.
I enjoyed this with an all butter pie crust, the two textures went very well together. The butter in the crust made a nice flaky , crisp base for the creamy filling.
A graham cracker crust would work just as well. As a matter of fact, you could make the filling, put it into dessert cups and enjoy it without any crust at all.
This is a homemade lemon filling, we’ve made fillings together in other recipes. Remember to cook the filling under low to moderate heat, stirring constantly until it thickens.
This filling was extremely easy to make and took about 10 minutes to thicken. Sour Cream Lemon Pie is delicious, easy to make and will quickly become a favorite in your house all year round. Enjoy!
PIN IT FOR LATER
Sour Cream Lemon Pie
- One 9 inch pie shell baked or One 9 inch graham cracker crust
- 3 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 3 egg yolks slightly beaten
- whipped cream for garnish
- Combine sugar,cornstarch,lemon zest,lemon juice, beaten egg yolks and milk in a heavy duty metal saucepan. Stir to combine.
- Cook ingredients under low to medium heat, STIRRING MIXTURE CONSTANTLY until the filling thickens, this only takes about 10 minutes. The filling will THICKEN FIRST, then start to boil. As soon as it starts to boil, take it off the heat, add the butter. Stir until the butter is full incorporated into the filling. Let cool 10 minutes in the pan, add the sour cream. Stir until fully incorporated. Pour the filling into the baked pie shell. Refrigerate until firm, at least 3 hours. Garnish with whipped cream and serve.