Creamy Black Bean and Corn Dip is a delicious, easy appetizer that can literally be whipped up with very little effort and minimal time for any occasion.
Whether you make Creamy Black Bean and Corn Dip as an appetizer for Summer or Winter parties and holidays or “just because” you’ll turn to this dip often for it’s simplicity and flavour.
The recipe uses rinsed canned black beans and corn. If you have frozen corn you can use that as well ,thawed first. The chicken base I used was in the form of a paste, the kind you keep in the refrigerator. I don’t like giving you brand names but it’s the brand called Better Than Bouillon Chicken Base.
If you don’t have it, you can use granules but you’ll need to microwave the lemon juice and granules together so the granules melt and aren’t gritty. Add that mixture to the mayonnaise and mix thoroughly. then proceed with the recipe instructions.
Using the chicken base, eliminates the microwaving step altogether. Creamy Black Bean and Corn Dip, easy to make an absolutely delicious, Enjoy!
Creamy Black Bean and Corn Dip
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 2 Teaspoons chicken flavored base use the base that's a paste instead of granules
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- one 15.5 oz can black beans, rinsed
- one 15.5 oz can of corn, drained
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- Place the black beans,corn, tomatoes and onion in a large bowl. Place the mayonnaise, chicken base and lime juice in a small bowl, whisk to thoroughly combine. Pour the dressing over the black bean mixture, toss lightly to coat. Serve with tortilla chips.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may like these as well.