You are going to be delighted and surprised with this Spiced Rub Pork Chop recipe. Cumin, Allspice and Paprika are used to make the rub. The warm spices combined give the chops a wonderful depth of flavor. The sauteed onions with balsamic vinegar are served on top of the pork chops to make this one delicious easy dinner.
Paul was absolutely bowled over by the flavors and he’s not impressed easily when it comes to pork. I get a little intimated cooking for him sometimes because he’s as good a cook on the grill or using a smoker to cook meats as it gets. He’s spent years smoking pork butts for family and friends, making his own rubs. When he did everything but lick the plate clean, I knew it was a keeper! ENJOY!
The recipe written as is makes enough rub for 2 pork chops. Double the recipe to make 4 chops and triple the recipe to make 6.
- 1/2 Teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 Teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper
- 2 pork chops
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 2 Teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- Place the cumin, allspice, salt, pepper and paprika in a shallow bowl, stir together to combine. Rub both sides of the pork chops with the spice rub. Heat a frying pan to medium heat, place the oil in the pan and fry the pork chops until they are just done. Remove the chops from the skillet to a plate, cover with foil.
- Place the sliced onions in the frying pan and saute until golden brown and softened. Stir in the balsamic vinegar and any juices from the pork chops that accumulated on the plate into the frying pan, stir to combine. Serve the onions with the pork chops.
- The recipe written as is makes enough rub for 2 pork chops. Double the recipe to make 4 chops and triple the recipe to make 6.
If you like this recipe, you may enjoy these as well.