I had a busy day today mopping up our wooden floors from all the snow mess. Our downstairs has no carpet, none. The wooden floors that Paul put in are gorgeous, but not when their tracked up with muddy footprints. So the mop and bucket and I had a date, but then, you can’t have clean floors and not dust. And well, why not wipe down the stove and the counters in the kitchen? Somehow, just mopping the floors snowballed into an all out clean fest. Before I knew it, it was time for dinner. After all the cleaning I did, I wanted dinner to be fast, delicious and with minimum dishes to wash. Chicken and Spinach Skillet Dinner fit those requirements to a “T”.
This skillet dinner was sooooo good! It has a nice fresh taste and was very easy to put together. I didn’t feel like messing with side dishes so I served it with long grain rice that I cooked in chicken broth. Perfection! Paul loved it and I was out of the kitchen in no time at all. Chicken and Spinach Skillet Dinner, definitely a keeper, homemade goodness from our house to yours, ENJOY!
- 2 large boneless chicken breasts cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- One – 14 1/2 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 /4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 Teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup baby spinach, packed tight
- Place the oil in a saute pan on medium to high heat. Add the chicken strips,cook and stir until browned, about 10 minutes. Add the diced onion to the pan, cook until onion is soft.
- Add the undrained tomatoes, water and seasonings to the pan, bring to a boil while stirring. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer about 5 minutes. Add the spinach, cook and stir until the spinach begins to wilt. Serve over long grain rice that was cooked in chicken broth.
If you liked this recipe, you may enjoy these as well.