Banana Cake with Browned Butter Glaze is a very moist, dense cake topped with a Browned Butter Glaze.
Can I freeze ripened bananas to use at a later date to bake with or make smoothies?
- Place the banana slices or chunks on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper making sure they aren’t touching each other.
- Place the cookie sheet in the freezer for about 30 minutes or until the bananas are frozen solid
- Place the bananas inn a plastic bag, squeeze the air out of the bag and seal it. Frozen bananas will keep in the freezer for 3 – 4 months.
- A whole banana can be frozen either in the peel or out of the peel.
- Whole bananas frozen without their peel on tend to last a month longer in the freezer than a banana with the peel on.
- Bananas frozen with their peel on will turn black after being frozen but are still edible.
- To freeze whole peeled bananas place them on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet not touching each other, place them in the freezer for about 30 minutes. Place them into freezer bags, seal the bags and store in the freezer. To freeze whole unpeeled bananas simply put them on a cookie sheet , place in the freezer until frozen and store in plastic bags in the freezer.
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 Teaspoon vanila
- 1 1/4 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium bananas)
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 Teaspoons baking powder
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
PIN IT FOR LATER
Looking For More Recipes From Bunny’s Warm Oven, Try These!
Banana Muffins with Crumb Topping…Chocolate Bottom Banana Cake…Chicken Olivia Recipe…White Chicken Chili…Sour Cream Apple Pie
Banana Cake with Browned Butter Glaze
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups mashed ripe bananas about 3 medium
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream 8 ounces
Brown Butter Glaze
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar sifted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Add bananas and mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, stirring just until combined. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan or 13x9 inch baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35 - 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Brown Butter Glaze Directions
- In a medium bowl, add powdered sugar.
- Place butter in a small saucepan. Melt butter over medium heat until bubbly. Cook, stirring occasionally until golden brown.
- Remove from heat and pour butter into the bowl of powdered sugar. Add milk and vanilla, stir until smooth.