I decided to step outside my comfort zone and try a new salad. Paul absolutely loves it when I do this. He is a lover of all things fresh and green. Adding strawberries, glazed walnuts and making a homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette made this a hit. The man was licking his lips! The Balsamic Vinaigrette was not only easy , it was delicious.
Making the Glazed Walnuts took a whole five minutes and was a wonderful addition. It added a nice sweet crunch to the salad. To make the glazed walnuts, place 4 tablespoons of walnuts in a heavy duty frying pan ( I used cast iron). Top the walnuts with 2 Tablespoons of white sugar and stir until the sugar dissolves.
Five minutes later, Voila! You have perfectly glazed walnuts that you can use to top anything you want. I made the vinaigrette after the salad was constructed. It has few ingredients and came together in minutes. Strawberry season is coming, tuck this fantastic Strawberry Feta Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette away to dazzle your family and friends. They’ll love you for it. Enjoy!
Strawberry Feta Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
- One 5 oz package mixed greens of your choice
- 1 cup diced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup feta Cheese crumbled
- 3 Tablespoons Glazed Walnuts
- 1/4 cup Homemade Balsamic Vinaigretta you can use store bought if you prefer
- Glazed Walnuts
- 4 Tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 3 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Before constructing the salad, make the Glazed Walnuts
- For Glazed Walnuts - place 4 Tablespoons chopped walnuts in a heavy duty metal pan, ( I used cast iron). Top the walnuts with 2 Tablespoons of white sugar. Over medium heat ,stir until the sugar dissolves. Transfer to a bowl and let cool.
Balsamic Vinaigrette Directions
- In a small bowl add the Dijon Mustard, Balsamic Vinegar and garlic, stir to combine. Add the oil to the bowl slowly in a steady stream while you whisk. As you whisk, the dressing will thicken. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve over salad, refrigerate any leftovers.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may like these as well.