Roasted Browned Butter Carrots
The natural sweetness in carrots has made me love them for as long as I can remember. I guess that’s fitting for someone with a nickname like Bunny. Roasted Browned Butter Carrots are over the top delicious, I mean seriously… delicious. Roasting carrots brings out even more of their sweetness and adds so much flavor. Now imagine roasted onions and browned butter topping those naturally sweet and tender roasted carrots. It’s an absolutely amazing flavor combination that will have you craving carrots, and that’s a good thing.
What Are the Health Benefits Of Incorporating More Carrots Into Your Diet?
Eating more carrots is a good thing because of the many health benefits they provide. According to Care2 there are 10 amazing reasons to eat and enjoy more carrots.
Health Benefits of Carrots:
- Improves vision
- Helps prevent cancer
- Slows down aging
- Promotes healthier skin
- Prevents heart disease
- Cleanses the body
- Protects teeth and gums
- Prevents Strokes
- Helps prevent infection
- Promotes healthier skin from the inside
How do I incorporate more carrots into my diet?
- Grate them into salads, I do this a lot!
- Make Zoodles with them and use them as a pasta in a main dish
- Add them to soups
- Steam and mash them then add them to mashed potatoes
- Carrot juice
- Roast carrots
Roasting carrots is my all time favorite way of eating them and it’s easy to do. First we’re going to preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Wash and cut the tops off of your whole carrots while the oven heats up. There’s no need to peel the skin off of them unless that’s the way you prefer to eat them. Cut one large onion into thin slices and place them on a baking sheet with sides or a roasting pan.. Lightly coat the carrots with olive oil and place them on the baking sheet on top of the onions. Season the carrots and onions with salt and pepper and roast them for 30 – 45 minutes or until tender crisp.
Right before the cooking time for the carrots is up place 6 Tablespoons of butter into a medium sauce pan. Heat the butter until it’s melted. Cook and stir the melted butter until it’s golden brown. Watch carefully, butter can go from browned to burnt quickly. Place the carrots on a serving platter and pour the browned butter over the roasted carrots and onions. If you’re watching your fat intake, the amounts of butter and olive oil in the recipe can certainly be cut back without, in my opinion, hurting the end results. Roasted Browned Butter Carrots, they bring out the bunny in everyone, ENJOY!
PIN IT FOR LATER
Looking For More Delicious Recipes From Bunny’s Warm Oven, Try These!
Baked Cabbage…Cheesy Broccoli Rice…Tomato Mozzarella Parmesan Bake...Fresh Green Bean Salad…Oven Roasted Tomatoes
Roasted Browned Butter Carrots
- 1 pound fresh carrots
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large onion sliced thin
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly coat the carrots and sliced onion with olive oil, place them in a roasting pan or on a baking sheet with sides. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 30 - 45 minutes at 400 degrees or until tender crisp.
- Right before the cooking time for the carrots is up place 6 Tablespoons of butter into a medium sauce pan. Heat the butter until it's melted. Cook and stir the melted butter until it's golden brown. Watch carefully, butter can go from browned to burnt quickly. Place the carrots and onion on a serving platter and pour the browned butter over the roasted carrots and onions. If you're watching your fat intake, the amounts of butter and olive oil in the recipe can certainly be cut back without, in my opinion, hurting the end results.
Looking for more carrot recipes, try these from other bloggers…Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots…Glazed Stove Top Carrots
Want to find the best kitchen products that I personally recommend? Click for more!
DON’T MISS A RECIPE!
Get new free recipes delivered right to your inbox
I made this last night…easy and an absolutely delicious new way to serve carrots. We loved it..thank you! I’m always amazed at how delicious vegetables are when roasted.
Thank you Maureen
Question: I would like to make this for Thanksgiving, but my turkey will be roasting at a lower temperature than this recipe. Can I get the same results by roasting the carrots longer at a lower temperature? And what temperature would you recommend?
That’s what I would suggest Elizabeth. And I haven’t made them that way but it would make sense. If you’re making it in the same oven as the turkey, is that what you’re doing? I don’t know what temp your roasting your turkey at but if the carrots roast at 400 degrees for 35 -40 minutes in a 400 degree oven as in the recipe I’d put them in with the turkey at least for an hour or more if the turkey is roasting in alot lower temperature than 400 degrees.