Ranch Chicken Wings
When I go grocery shopping I aways scan through the meat department quick to see if they have any good sales that aren’t advertised in the store flyer. One particular day, family packages of fresh chicken wings were on sale. I brought home about six packs. They all went into the freezer until I could find recipes to use them in. I also buy large containers of oil for frying foods and always have at least 2 back ups in the pantry, just in case….
Making Ranch Chicken Wings for dinner was like a ranch dressing dream come true. Crispy on the outside, tender on the inside and loaded with ranch flavour, I loved them! I made them for dinner, but you can make them as a game day appetizer. These would be a great appetizer to bring to a Super Bowl party! At the bottom of this post, I have more Super Bowl Party suggestions. Enjoy!
The recipe for Ranch Chicken Wings is at the bottom of the page.
Super Bowl Party suggestions
Bacon Wrapped Pretzel Rods and Cream Cheese Wrapped Olives Rolled in Nuts
Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting
Ranch Chicken Wings
- 1 pound chicken wings
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 envelope dry ranch dressing
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic jarred
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Enough oil to fry chicken pieces
- Cut chicken wings at the joint to make 2 pieces.
- Place the flour in a large plastic zip lock baggie. Add chicken pieces to the baggie a few at a time, shake to coat.
- In an electric skillet or deep fryer heat the oil to 375 degrees.
- Fry chicken pieces (5 or 6 at a time) until they are golden brown and juices run clear, about 10 minutes. Turning the chicken to brown on both sides as needed. Drain on paper towels.
- Using a new large plastic zip lock baggie, combine the dry ranch dressing,minced garlic,salt and pepper. Add the chicken a few at a time and shake to coat.
- Place chicken in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle any remaining dressing on top. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes, until coating is set.
DON’T MISS A RECIPE!
Get new free recipes delivered right to your inbox
Love the wing recipe!
Thank you Diane!
Chicken is one of God’s greatest gifts to man, in my opinion. Closely followed by mayo and ranch dressing. Paul is a lucky man and these wings look really, really tasty!
Hi I am so glad I found your blog. Full of wonderful recipes. I love your chicken wings, mouth-watering good. I am sure your husband must be extremely happy! Thanks for sharing.
Thank you Veronica, yes he’s a happy man!
Made these yesterday, THE BOMB!!! Awesome recipe, and easy to make. Thank you Bunny.
These r soooooooo good my new wing goto recipe thanks chickie ☺️I can’t wait to try another one of your recipes
I’m so happy you made them and love them Rachelle, thank you for coming back to tell me!
Im about to make these for my family now!!
Let me know how it goes Meg!
Can these wings be done in the oven? If so, for how long, and at what temp. They sound AMAZING. Want to make them for a upcoming party.
They are baked for 10 minutes in the oven Janet, I’m just not sure how they would turn out not frying them but baking them.
Great flavor but way too salty. I’d cut back or omit it all together. There might be plenty in the salad dressing. But I’d definitely make these again.
THank you Brenda!
Hi JC, no I don’t have a recipe for honey wings. There is one for Teriyaki Wings though.