These Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Puff Pastry Cookies were a nice surprise! With very few ingredients and the little effort it takes to make them you really get a big bang for your buck. The puff pastry makes a nice flaky exterior to the cookie while the cream cheese and milk chocolate chips create a wonderful creamy chocolaty filling. I couldn’t believe how good they were. Which got me thinking….
You could substitute the chocolate chips for other flavored chips, or use nuts instead of chips. If you added a little fruit preserve on top of the cream cheese, you’d have a little danish cookie! I love it, I’m going to experiment and see what I come up with. It would be very easy to “half” the recipe just in case you don’t need 24 cookies. Just use one puff pastry sheet and half the filling ingredients. Easy to make and delicious equals a keeper recipe in my book. I hope you love these as much as I did! Enjoy!
Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Puff Pastry Cookies
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry one - 17.25 ounce pkg
- 1 eight ounce pkg cream cheese room temperature
- 3 Tablespoons white sugar
- 1 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- Remove the puff pastry from the freezer, allow to thaw at room temperature.
- On a lightly floured surface roll each sheet into a 14 x 10 inch rectangle
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Divide the cream cheese between both sheets of puff pastry. Starting at one long end of the pastry, start spreading the cream cheese to the other end, leaving a one inch border at that end without cream cheese. Divide the chocolate chips in half and sprinkle on both sheets.
- Starting with the long end (jelly roll style) and roll the sheet to the other side with the inch border without cream cheese. Moisten the pastry edge with water and seal the edge. Place the roll in the refrigerator for one hour.
- Cut the log into 1 inch thick pieces. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a cookie sheet or line it with parchment paper, places the cookies on the sheet, bake 20 - 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack to cook.