Delicious Cherry Coffee Cake with Crumb Topping
A delicious easy coffee cake recipe that you can make into different flavors by simply using different pie filling flavors. This is a very easy tender, moist coffee cake made in a 9×13 inch baking pan. I love the fact that you can make it different flavors just by switching out the pie filling. How’s that for versatility!
Let’s talk about how you can take this recipe and make it something different every time you make it. A Blueberry pie filling with a little lemon zest mixed into the cake batter would be wonderful. Lemon and blueberry are exquisite together. Peach pie filling with 1/4 cup of finely crushed pecans in the topping would be lovely! Using finely crushed almonds in the topping for a cherry pie filling would be insanely delicious.
A spoon full of ice cream takes this from a coffee cake to an outstanding dessert. This cake is not only versatile but so easy that you don’t even need a mixer to make. Delicious Cherry Coffee Cake with Crumb Topping it’s a keeper Kids! Use your imagination and run with it! Enjoy!
Delicious Cherry Cake with Crumb Topping
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup sugar if you prefer less sugar use 1/2 cup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 1 can cherry pie filling or flavor of your choice
- 1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 9x13 baking pan with shortening.
- 2. Place the flour ,sugar, baking powder, salt and melted butter in a large mixing bowl,stir together with a fork until crumbly. If you have large clumps get your hands in there and break them apart. Your hands are your best kitchen tool.
- 3. Take 1/2 cup of the crumbs out of the bowl. If you're using nuts in the topping, add 1/4 cup of finely crushed nuts now, set a side.
- 4. In a small bowl whisk the slightly beaten eggs and milk together, add milk mixture to the large bowl of crumbs and stir until incorporated. There will be small lumps in the batter.
- 5. Pour the batter into your prepared 9x13 inch baking pan. Spread the cherry pie filling over the cake. Sprinkle the reserved crumb topping over the pie filling. Bake at 325 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes. Start checking cake at 35 minutes. Remove from oven, place on a cooling rack.
Did you make this recipe?I'd love to see your pictures on Instagram! Mention @bunnyswarmoven or tag #bunnyswarmoven!
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
DON’T MISS A RECIPE!
Get new free recipes delivered right to your inbox
Loved this coffee cake, so easy to make. Made it on a Saturday morning and took downstairs for the other residents to try and they loved to. Will make again.
Thank you JoAnn and glad everyone enjoyed!
Absolutely delicious! Shared with neighbors and they loved it, too!
Thank you Gwen
Awesome! We were looking for something to do with an extra can of strawberry pie filling. We did alter it due to allergies., but wanted you to know it’s doable as Gluten-free and Dairy-free!
We simply substituted a few things.
Reg flour for King Arthur measure for measure.
Butter for Earth Balance Vegan butter
Milk with canned coconut milk
Allergy-friendly version of this easy recipe.
We’ll be sharing this with our gf/df group!
Wonderful Kimee! Thank you for coming back to comment with your changes, it’s so helpful to other people!
Wow!!! This cake is delicious. I have made it twice once with milk and once with sour cream. Both times it was fabulous. Had to add a little milk with the sour cream in order to spread the batter in the pan, only other change I made was to add some almond extract to both the batter and cherry pie filling. I will definitely be making this again. Thank you for a real keeper of a recipe.
This is an easy and yummy recipe! I did reduce the amount of sugar as stated in the recipe. I will make it again, using Apple pie filling and cinnamon.
i absolutly love this… i maded it before but this time is so much better💕😍
Wow, I love that you love it so much Danielle. Thank you so much for sharing Danielle.