You’re going to love this small batch of soft and chewy Chocolate Brownies with a big chocolate flavor!
This recipe makes an eight inch pan of soft and chewy Chocolate Brownies. I love small batches, they’re the perfect size for Paul and I. When the need arises, you can double the recipe to make a bigger pan.
These soft and chewy brownies are so easy to make you don’t even need a mixer. I lined the baking pan with foil and then greased the foil before adding the batter to it.
Make sure you leave a little over hang on two sides to make it easier to left the brownies from the pan. Using the foil makes it so much easier to remove and cut the brownies into nice even slices.
You’re going to love this small batch of soft and chewy Chocolate Brownies with a big chocolate flavor, Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or nuts of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an eight inch baking pan with foil making sure to let the foil over hang on sides to left out the brownies. Grease the foil with shortening Or grease the pan with shortening.
- Place the butter in a medium size saucepan. Over low heat, cook the butter until just melted. Remove from the heat. Add the sugar and vanilla, whisk until well combined. When the mixture has cooled, add the eggs and whisk until well incorporated.
- Place the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a medium size bowl, whisk to combine. Gradually whisk the flour mixture into the butter mixture until just incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips or nuts if using.
- Pour the batter into your prepared pan, spread evenly to the edges of the pan.. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes or until edges of brownies pull away from the sides of the pan. Cool completely, cut and serve.