This is an extremely versatile pie recipe that I have already made with blueberries and peaches. When I made the Creamy Blueberry Pie I used thawed frozen blueberries, the Incredible Peaches and Cream Pie was made with fresh peaches. Today I used canned pitted dark sweet cherries and canned sour cherries, I think I’ve covered every possible way you can make this recipe!
The fruit filling isn’t the only aspect of the pie you can change, I used a brown sugar topping for the blueberry pie and a white sugar topping for the peach and cherry pie. Delicious and creamy is the only way to describe your first bite. The creaminess comes from the sour cream in the filling. Yes, sour cream and it does an amazing job of letting the flavor of the fruit come shining through. The combination of sweet and dark cherries was just lovely. The topping gives you a little crunch to go along with the smoothness of the pie. Cherry Cream Pie, you’re going to love it! Enjoy!
Cherry Cream Pie
- 1 can red tart cherries drained 14.5 oz, you can also use frozen cherries thawed and drained
- 1 can pitted dark sweet cherries drained 15 oz, you can also use frozen cherries thawed and drained
- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie pastry
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- Sliced almonds for garnish if desired
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Place 3 cups cherries into pie pastry.
- In a medium bowl, mix 1 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, and salt.
- Add eggs and sour cream. Blend well. Pour mixture over cherries.
- In a separate bowl, combine 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup flour, and 1/4 cup butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- A pastry blender works well, but two forks or two knives will also work.
- Sprinkle topping evenly over pie. Top with sliced almonds if using.
- Bake 60 minutes at 350 degrees or until golden.
- Refrigerate leftovers.