In all the years I’ve been baking I’ve never made a skillet cookie. After I tasted this today I stood there thinking…why didn’t you do this before now? It was easier to make than cookies. I didn’t have to stand by the oven and wait for each batch to get done. The skillet cookie was every bit as good, if not better than a chocolate chip cookie. It’s chewy and so very soft, with a slight crisp when you bite into it and loaded with chocolate chips . It’s easy to dress this up with a scoop of ice cream and caramel sauce to make it extravagant or slice a piece and eat it from the pan. I can see this being very easy to bake and take with you as a dessert for your office, a pot luck or dinner at a friends. After it’s baked and cooled, cover it with foil and away you go. I’m going to be making this a lot, it’s just too good not to! Don’t wait as long as I did , make a Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie and ENJOY!
Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg
- 2 Teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. You will need a 10 inch cast iron skillet or an oven safe skillet
- Whisk the flour, baking soda and salt together in a medium size bowl. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer beat the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and egg to the bowl, mix until well incorporated. With the mixer on low, add the flour mixture, mix until just incorporated. Stir in the milk chocolate chips.
- Scoop the dough into a 10 inch cast iron pan or oven safe skillet. Press the dough to cover the bottom of the pan. Bake until edges are brown and the top is golden 40 - 45 minutes. Don't over bake the cookie, it will continue to bake in the pan after it's removed from the oven. Transfer to a wire rack, cool for 20 minutes. Cut into 8 wedges and serve with ice cream if desired.
DON’T MISS A RECIPE!
Get new free recipes delivered right to your inbox