Carrot Cake Cheesecake is a decadent dessert that combines a carrot cake with a cheesecake to make one delicious treat.
This is a show stopper kids, this one begs to be made for special occasions, holidays or for no other reason than you just want it. I’m going with the last one, I JUST WANT IT! But who wouldn’t. The flavors of carrot cake and cheesecake come together beautifully in this moist, delicious treat. The cheesecake batter and carrot cake batter are layered together in a 9 inch spring form pan to give you an amazing taste of both with each bite.
This recipe is a little more time consuming than your normal scratch cake recipe because you’re making two batters but it is by no means any harder to make or difficult. Don’t let the two batters intimate you. If you”re a beginner baker and would like to make this delicious recipe, try these tips before you start the recipe :
- First, read through the recipe before you start it and envision the steps as you read.
- Second, measure out all the ingredients in the recipe. For this recipe since your making two batters, measure out the ingredients for both and separate them on your counter, one space on the counter for the cream cheese batter, one for the carrot cake batter.
- Prepare your 9 inch springform pan by greasing it and having it ready.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Select two large bowls to make each batter in and get your mixer out and ready.
- And last but not least, read through the recipe directions again to refresh your memory before starting it.
We’re going to start this decadent cheesecake by making the cream cheese batter first. Place both eight ounce packages of room temperature cream cheese and 3/4 cup of white sugar in a large bowl and beat the ingredients together until smooth. Next, add 1 Tablespoon flour, 3 eggs and 1 Teaspoon of vanilla to the bowl and beat until smooth. Set the bowl aside.
We’re going to use another large bowl to make the carrot cake batter. Place 3/4 cup vegetable oil, one cup white sugar, 2 room temperature eggs and 1 Teaspoon vanilla in the bowl. Beat the ingredients together until thoroughly blended. STIR IN 1 cup flour,1 Teaspoon baking soda,1 Teaspoon cinnamon, and a dash of salt. Stir until the ingredients are well incorporated. Next, add the drained pineapple, carrots, coconut and walnuts to the bowl and stir them in until just incorporated.
With both batters made it’s time to layer them in your greased 9 inch springform pan. Spread 1 1/2 cups of the carrot cake batter over the bottom of the greased springform pan.
Drop large spoonfuls of cream cheese batter over the carrot cake batter. Next, drop large spoonfuls of the remaining carrot cake batter over the cream cheese batter.
Repeat dropping large spoonfuls of the remaining cream cheese batter over the carrot cake batter. Just so your not confused, we just made four layers , carrot cake, cheese cake, carrot cake, cheese cake. Pop the cake into your 350 degree oven and bake for 50 – 65 minutes until the cake is set and cooked through. Let the cake cool to room temperature, then refrigerate it. When the cake is cold, make the Pineapple Cream Cheese Frosting.
To make the cream cheese frosting place 2 ounces of room temperature cream cheese, 1 Tablespoon softened butter, 1 3/4 cups sifted powdered sugar, 1/2 Teaspoon vanilla and 1 Tablespoon reserved pineapple juice in a large bowl.
Beat the ingredients together until they’re well incorporated.
Now for the last step, frost the top of your delicious cake.
Carrot Cheesecake, hard to make, no. Decadent and delicious, definitely. Homemade goodness from our house to yours, ENJOY!!
PIN IT FOR LATER
Looking For More Delicious Recipes From Bunny’s Warm Oven, Try These!
Cream Cheese Topped Apple Cake…Pumpkin Cream Cheese Coffee Cake…Cream Cheese Frosted Pumpkin Bars…Pecan Cream Cheese Pie…Pecan Pear Tart
Carrot Cake Cheesecake
- 2 eight ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 Tablespoon all purpose flour
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla
Carrot Cake Batter
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon
- dash of salt
- one 8 1/2 ounce can crushed pineapple, drained well with juice from the pineapple reserved
- 1 cup grated fresh carrots
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Pineapple Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 Tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/2 Teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon reserved pineapple juice
- Make the cheesecake batter:IN a large bowl using an electric mixer beat together the 2 packages of cream cheese and 3/4 cup sugar until smooth. Beat in 1 Tablespoon flour, 3 eggs and 1 Teaspoon vanilla until smooth, set aside.Make the Carrot Cake Batter:In a large bowl combine the 3/4 cup vegetable oil, 1 cup sugar,2 eggs, and 1 Teaspoon vanilla. Mix with an electric mixer until well combined. STIR in 1 cup flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Next , STIR in the drained pineapple, carrots, coconut and walnuts.Spread 11/2 cups of carrot cake batter onto the bottom of a greased 9 inch springform pan.Drop large spoonfuls of cream cheese batter over the carrot cake batter, top with large spoonfuls of remaining carrot cake batter. Repeat with remaining cream cheese batter, spreading evenly with a knife. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 50 - 60 minutes or until cake is set and cooked through. Cool to room temperature then refrigerate.When cake is cold, prepare the Pineapple Cream Cheese Frosting.Make the Pineapple Cream Cheese Frosting:In a large bowl combine 2 ounces cream cheese ,butter, powdered sugar, 1/2 Teaspoon vanilla, 1 Tablespoon reserved pineapple juice and a dash of salt. Beat until smooth and the frosting has a spreading consistency. Frost the top of the cheesecake. Refrigerate the cake 3 - 4 hours before serving.
Looking for more cheesecake recipes, try these from other bloggers…Cookies N Creme Cheesecake…The Best Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
DON’T MISS A RECIPE!
Get new free recipes delivered right to your inbox
What a fabulous recipe. Perfect tea-time treat.
Thank you Alida.
I am drooling all over my keyboard, DIVINE!
This sounds out of this world delicious! Perfect for any occasion!
Thank you Lindsay
This is making me drool!! Would love to try this!
Thank you Toni..
Question… do you remove from the spring pan before or after you cool the cake? Or does it matter? I just want to make sure so it doesn’t stick.
I always let the cake cool first. Run a butter knife around edge of the pan to loosen it then remove the side from the pan.
I just made this for my wife for mother’s day she love carrot cake. When I presented it to her I did say it doesn’t look good but hopefully it will taste great. The frosting was very liquid and not enough we thought. Maybe next time make a half portion more and refrigerate to make it thicker to spread on the cake easier. The cake and cheesecake did taste great and was very rich tasting. She did enjoy it very much. Thank you for the recipe.
I’m going to make this
for Easter dessert .
Followed directions to a T. Cut cake to serve for Easter dessert and center was complete mush! The top edges were even starting to get dark before I removed from oven.
As you can see from the “how to pictures ” on the recipe Jen, it baked perfectly for me. Did you check it with a toothpick inserted in the center to see if it was done before taking it out of the oven? Also if the top was getting more brown than you wanted you can put a piece of foil over the top of the cake pan to finish baking so it doesn’t brown anymore. I have no idea why the middle your cake was mush.
fabulous recipe and a huge crowd pleaser at my home, thank you Bunny.
I LOVED this cheesecake!! Our 2 favorite sweets combined!! I was soooo worried because as it cooled the middle sank a bit. I was making it for Thanksgiving so I needed it to be worthy. This was the only carrot cake recipe that included pineapple I could find! I agree with some of the comments about the carrot cake needing a bit more spice. It was easier to put together than I thought it would be. I appreciate thr helpful hints too!!