Cream Cheese Topped Apple Cake- The Best Apple Pecan Cake!
Cream Cheese Topped Apple Cake – a moist apple pecan cake that is perfect for your next party or family get together.
In my household, and most likely in yours as well, this apple cake brings the best of all the worlds and is a happy dessert that everyone’s taste buds agree with!
What Makes this Apple Pecan Cake So Special?
The reason that Cream Cheese Topped Apple cake is so special is that it is topped with a cream cheese layer before it’s baked.
YES, before it’s baked.
By adding the cream cheese layer before it bakes makes this apple pecan cake out of this world and makes no other apple pecan cake like it.
The cream cheese layer bakes on top of the cake to make an absolutely delicious creamy, cream cheese topping. Oh good grief this is so very good. I didn’t even have to use a mixer to make the cake batter, I just whisked the ingredients together.
The Steps on Creating the Apple Pecan Cake
First, I melted the butter in a pot big enough to hold the rest of the ingredients of the cake portion of the recipe. Then, I added the sugar to the pot and whisked it into the butter, then added the eggs and whisked those in. After that, I combined the dry ingredients in a bowl and added them in batches alternately with the buttermilk to the pot, whisking after each addition. Lastly, I added the apples and pecans and then stirred them in. The cream cheese layer was just as easy to make.
Need to stock up on kitchen supplies? Check out my Amazon store to see my favorite kitchen essentials!
I used pecans in the cake , but you can switch those out for any nut you and your family like. If you have someone in your house that can’t have or doesn’t like nuts switch them out for raisins. Use a baking apple for the recipe, I always have Gala apples in the house, they’re my favorite baking and eating apple.
You’re going to love this cake. The moist apple pecan cake topped with a layer of baked cream cheese is over the top delicious. Enjoy!
Cream Cheese Topped Apple Cake
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 generous cup grated apples
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1/4 cup dry uncooked oatmeal
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Melt butter in large pan big enough to hold all the cake ingredients. Add sugar, whisk to combine. Add the eggs and whisk till incorporated.
- Add the flour, baking soda and cinnamon to a large bowl, whisk to combine. Add the dry ingredients alternately with the buttermilk to the egg mixture, whisking till just incorporated after each addition. Fold in the grated apples and pecans. Spread into prepared baking pan.
For the cream cheese layer
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until soft and cream. Add the eggs, beat until well incorporated. Add the confectioners sugar in batches until well incorporated. Beat in the oatmeal. Spread the cream cheese layer over the cake layer evenly and to the sides of the pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.