Broccoli Salad is loaded with flavor and textures. The addition of pepitas and raisins add a little crunch and a soft chew to this delicious salad. You could substitute the pepitas for crushed walnuts or pecans if you prefer.
Our first planting of broccoli has been harvested. Most of it went into the freezer for the winter, I kept some out to eat fresh as snacks and to make this delicious cool summer salad.
The salad ingredients:
- fresh broccoli
- cooked crumbled bacon
- diced red onion
- cubed cheddar cheese
- pepitas or crushed walnuts, pecans or pumpkin seeds
These ingredients come together beautifully to give you lots of flavor and texture. The addition of raisins and pepitas add a little crunch and soft chew to this delicious salad. Consider it a wonderful new version of an old classic.
My husband Paul had a little taste of this as he was heading out the door, he promptly came back in and grabbed a bowl full. There’s just something about summertime and a satisfying cool salad like this to hit the spot in the heat. Enjoy!
PIN IT FOR LATER
Looking For More Delicious Recipes From Bunny’s Warm Oven, Try These!
- 1 head of broccoli
- 8 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup cheddar cheese crumbled or cut into small chunks
- 1/2 cup pepitas or crushed walnuts or pecans pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 TBLS white vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Trim the leaves and thick stalks from the broccoli, separate the head into bite size flowerets, rinse well with cold water.
- Place the florets into a large bowl along with the crumbled bacon, onion, raisins, pepitos,and cheddar cheese.
- In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise,vinegar, and sugar, whisk till combined and smooth. Pour over the flowerets, fold dressing in to combine, chill until ready to serve.
Looking for more broccoli recipes, try these from other bloggers.