A very moist banana coffee cake with a topping made with a baking mix. This coffee cake is loaded with pecans and bananas then topped with a delicious streusel topping.
Banana Pecan Coffee Cake
I am always so very pleasantly surprised when I make a cake with a baking mix and it turns out as good as a homemade cake. It served me very well to use the ripe bananas I had to make this moist, delicious banana coffee cake.
For this coffee cake with pecans, there are pecans in the cake batter as well as in the streusel topping. There are also mashed bananas as well as sliced bananas in the batter to give you lots of flavor.
Let’s talk about this banana coffee cake recipe:
- Remember to use bananas that are very very ripe. Like… “turned black and should have been thrown out last week ripe” to take advantage of the full flavor of your bananas. The riper they are, the more banana flavor they’ll put into the cake.
- This delicious cake has mashed bananas as well as sliced bananas in the batter to give it lots of yes…Banana Flavor!
The Cake Batter For This Banana Coffee Cake:
We start the recipe by preheating the oven to 350 degrees and greasing a 13×9 in baking pan (set it aside). Place the following ingredients into a large bowl.
- mashed bananas
You don’t even have to get your mixer out to make the batter, a whisk will work just fine. Whisk the ingredients together until they are well combined. Using a wooden spoon, stir in the baking mix and 3/4 cup chopped pecans. Fold the banana slices into the batter, pour the batter into your prepared pan.
The Streusel Topping:
Place the following ingredients into a medium bowl.
- baking mix
- cold butter, cut into cubes
Cut the butter into the baking mix with a pastry blender, add 1/2 cup chopped pecans. Stir to incorporate the nuts. Sprinkle the topping over the cake batter evenly and bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
Banana Pecan Coffee Cake is a very moist cake and super easy to make, your whole family will love it, ENJOY!
PIN IT FOR LATER
Looking For More Delicious Recipes From Bunny’s Warm Oven, Try These!
Banana Pecan Coffee Cake
- 3 large ripe bananas mashed
- 1 large ripe banana sliced
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs,slightly beaten
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 2/3 cup baking mix example Bisquick
- 1 cup baking mix
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 6 Tablespoons cold butter, cut into cubes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13x9 inch baking pan.
Whisk together the mashed bananas, sugar, milk,oil, cinnamon and eggs in a large bowl. Make sure everything is incorporated well. Using a wooden spoon stir in the 2 2/3 cup baking mix and 3/4 cup chopped pecans. Fold the banana slices into the batter, pour the batter into the prepared pan. Streusel Topping:Place the baking mix, brown sugar and cold butter into a medium bowl. Cut the butter into the baking mix with a pastry blender, add 1/2 cup chopped pecans. Stir to incorporate the nuts. Sprinkle the streusel over the cake batter evenly. Bake 35 - 40 minutes or until tests done with a toothpick.
Looking for more coffee cakes recipes, try these from other bloggers…
I AM ALWAYS LOOKING TO INTRODUCE PRODUCTS TO OTHERS, BUT I ONLY PROMOTE PRODUCTS THAT I HIGHLY RECOMMEND. CHECK OUT MY RECOMMENDED PRODUCT: