Banana Coffee Cake
I love small coffee cakes, they’re the perfect size for Paul and I. The topping on this Banana Coffee Cake is made of brown sugar, cinnamon and pecans, it pairs beautifully with the banana flavor in the cake.
The texture combination of a moist, soft cake with a crunchy topping makes your mouth do a happy dance. Please make sure you use very very ripe bananas to make the cake, you want all the banana flavor you can get in this bad boy. Banana Coffee Cake, homemade goodness from our house to yours, Enjoy!
Banana Coffee Cake
For the cake
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 stick butter melted and cooled
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mashed very ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 inch round or square baking pan.
- Using a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a small bowl, mix the sour cream and baking soda together, STIR the sour cream into the butter mixture until well incorporated.
- STIR the mashed bananas into the butter mixture until well combined. Mix the flour and baking powder together, STIR the flour/baking powder into the butter mixture. STIR in the vanilla. Pour the batter into your prepared baking dish, smooth to the edges of the pan. Combine the topping ingredients in a small bowl, mix together and sprinkle over the batter evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 – 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven to a cooling rack, serve warm or cooled.
If you like this recipe, you might like these as well….
Latest posts by Mary Bostow (see all)
- 30 Peach Recipes You Have to Add To Your Recipe Book! - 08/16/2019
- Banana Crumble - 08/15/2019
- Ham and Scalloped Potato Casserole - 08/14/2019