Roasted Browned Butter Carrots
The natural sweetness in carrots has made me love them for as long as I can remember. I guess that’s fitting for someone with a nickname like Bunny.
Roasted Browned Butter Carrots are over the top delicious, I mean seriously… delicious. Roasting carrots brings out even more of their sweetness and adds so much flavor. Now imagine caramelized onions and browned butter topping those naturally sweet and tender roasted carrots. It’s an absolutely amazing flavor combination that will have you craving carrots, and that’s a good thing.
If you’re watching your fat intake, the amounts of butter and olive oil in the recipe can certainly be cut back without, in my opinion, hurting the end results. Roasted Browned Butter Carrots, they bring out the bunny in everyone, ENJOY!
- 1 pound fresh carrots
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 6 Tablespoons butter, divided
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly coat the carrots with olive oil, place them in a roasting pan or on a baking sheet with sides. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 30 - 45 minutes at 400 degrees or until tender crisp.
- Place 2 Tablespoons of butter into a saute pan. Heat until melted, add the onion slices, cook and stir until onions are caramelized. Remove from the pan, set aside.
- Add the remaining butter to the saute pan, reduce heat, cook and stir the butter until it's golden brown. Watch carefully, butter can quickly go from browned to burnt.
- After the carrots have roasted, top them with the sauted onions and pour the browned butter over all. Serve immediately.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may like these as well.