Tortellini Meatball Soup
Tortellini Meatball Soup is just amazing. It’s loaded with flavor and very easy to make. The little meatballs are so good, you’ll want to make a double batch to use in another recipe.
The meatballs can also be made a head to save you time the day you make the soup. Serve this hearty soup with rolls to make a fantastic dinner your whole family will love. Enjoy!
- 8 ounces hamburger
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 egg
- 1 clove garlic , grated
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 7 cups chicken broth
- One - 9 ounce bag cheese filled tortellini ( thaw if frozen)
- 4 cups baby spinach
- additional grated Parmesan to top soup with
- In a medium bowl combine the hamburger,parmesan cheese, parsley,1/2 Teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper,1/4 cup onion, egg and garlic. Mix to combine. Form into 1 inch balls. Place a saute pan on medium heat, fry the meatballs in the 2 Tablespoons of oil until done. Remove the meatballs from the pan, saute the onion,celery and carrots until softened.
- Add the chicken broth to a large sauce pan or dutch oven, bring to a boil. Place the meatballs, sauteed carrots,celery and onion in the pan. Cook until the meatballs are heated. Add the tortellini to the pan,cook until the tortellini is heated through. Add the baby spinach, stir and cook until spinach is wilted. Salt and pepper the soup to taste. Serve in bowls topped with grated parmesan cheese.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may like these as well.