When Paul stops at the grocery store for me he scans the meat department to see if he can catch any good sales. One particular day, family packages of fresh chicken wings were on sale. He brought home about six packs. They all went into the freezer until I could find recipes to use them in. My husband is 6’2, a strong man that’s not afraid of anything except running out of mayonnaise and ranch dressing. We buy large containers of both and always have at least 2 back ups in the pantry, just in case….
Making Ranch Chicken Wings for dinner for Paul was like a ranch dressing dream come true. Crispy on the outside, tender on the inside and loaded with ranch flavor, he loved them! I made them for dinner, but you can make them for the “Big Game” coming in a couple weeks. These would be a great appetizer to bring to a Super Bowl party! At the bottom of this post, I have more Super Bowl Party suggestions. Enjoy!
The recipe for Ranch Chicken Wings is at the bottom of the page.
Super Bowl Party suggestions:
- 1 pound chicken wings
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 envelope dry ranch dressing
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic,jarred
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Enough oil to fry chicken pieces
- Cut chicken wings at the joint to make 2 pieces.
- Place the flour in a large plastic zip lock baggie. Add chicken pieces to the baggie a few at a time, shake to coat.
- In an electric skillet or deep fryer heat the oil to 375 degrees.
- Fry chicken pieces (5 or 6 at a time) until they are golden brown and juices run clear, about 10 minutes. Turning the chicken to brown on both sides as needed. Drain on paper towels.
- Using a new large plastic zip lock baggie, combine the dry ranch dressing,minced garlic,salt and pepper. Add the chicken a few at a time and shake to coat.
- Place chicken in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle any remaining dressing on top. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes, until coating is set.