Chicken Breast in Sour Cream Sauce
Chicken is pretty much a staple in this house and sometimes it’s a little hard to find different ways to cook and serve it. I can take a whole chicken, cut it up and get at least three meals out of it for Paul and I.
This is one of our favorites. You can make this with chicken pieces but I’ve always used boneless chicken breast cut into chunks. The recipe makes a serving for 4 , when I make it for just the two of us I don’t cut the sauce in half, we love the extra sauce over noodles and it saves me the time of making a side dish.
The sour cream sauce is flavored with onion, sweet red peppers, garlic, paprika and chicken broth. It has an amazing rich flavor with a smooth and creamy texture.
You’ll feel like you’re eating a dinner made in a fine restaurant right in your own home. This recipe is easy to make, light on the pocket book and delivers big time with great flavor. Chicken Breast In Sour Cream Sauce, I hope it becomes as much a favorite in your house as it is in ours. Enjoy!
- 2 nice size chicken breast cut into chunks, or chicken parts
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 a medium onion, chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon minced jarred garlic
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 Tablespoons all purpose flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Place the oil and butter in a large skillet over medium to low heat. Melt the butter, place chicken breast in skillet and brown on both sides, remove from skillet to a platter.
- 2. Place the chopped onion, sweet red peppers and minced garlic in the skillet and saute until onion is translucent and peppers are tender. Add paprika and blend together.
- 3. Add chicken broth to the skillet and place chicken breasts in pan to cook covered for 25 minutes or till chicken is tender. Note, using cut up chicken parts ( bone in) will increase the simmering time to about 45 minutes.
- 4. Remove chicken to a plate and keep warm. Blend the sour cream and flour together, whisk into the liquid in the skillet and cook until thickened, salt and pepper to taste. Pour over chicken. Serve.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may like these as well.