Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes have the classic flavors of chocolate and peanut butter. The flavors come together perfectly in these moist delicious cupcakes. And the best part? I didn’t have to make a frosting to top them with!
The cupcakes started out with two batters, one chocolate and one peanut butter.
I took one level tablespoon of chocolate batter and put it into the cupcake liner. I put 1 level tablespoon of the peanut butter batter on top of the chocolate layer, spreading to the edges of the liner. I repeated the layers one more time, and topped with chocolate chips. I used all chocolate chips because I was out of peanut butter chips.
They baked in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes then cooled on a wire rack for 15 minutes. These are so moist and delicious!!! They’re well worth the time it takes to make the layers, trust me your gonna love these!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes
- 1-1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup Cocoa
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Peanut Butter Batter
- 1 egg
- 1 package cream cheese 8 oz., softened
- 3/4 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup Peanut Butter Chips
- 1/4 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Place paper baking cup in each of 18 regular-size muffin cups.
2. In large bowl, mix flour, cocoa, brown sugar, baking soda and salt. Add oil, water, vinegar and vanilla to flour mixture, stirring just until smooth (do not over mix).
3. In another large bowl, beat egg, cream cheese, peanut butter and granulated sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add powdered sugar; beat until creamy.
4. Spoon 1 level tablespoon chocolate batter into each cup; evenly spread 1 level tablespoon peanut butter filling on top. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with peanut butter chips and chocolate chips.
5. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (do not over bake). Cool in pan 15 minutes. Remove from pan to cooling rack; cool 15 minutes. Serve warm or cool. 18 cupcakes.