Tomato Butter Pan Sauce
I could eat this Tomato Butter Pan Sauce with a spoon out of the bowl and be very, very happy. This pan sauce recipe brought back memories of dinner time when I was a kid. Mom would make spaghetti with a meat sauce. My younger brothers and sisters would eat just the pasta with butter on it while I went straight for the bowl of sauce and crusty, buttered Italian bread. It still puts a smile on my face when I think about it.
3. A little butter makes tomato sauce rich and smooth, and also balances out too much acidity, which is common in jarred sauces.
4. How do you unsplit butter sauce? Add a little fat back––a classic emulsified sauce is typically a 1:1 ratio of fat to liquid! If your sauce is breaking but is also very thin, vigorously whisking in a little fat (butter, egg yolk) can bring it around.
Tomato Butter Ingredients
2 (12-ounce) packages small tomatoes
1/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh garlic
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
8 ounces gemelli pasta, cooked according to package directions
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Place tomatoes into a dry (no fat such as oil or butter in the pan) 12-inch skillet. Cook over medium-high heat, shaking pan occasionally, 8-9 minutes or until tomatoes have browned in spots and are beginning to wrinkle and burst.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low. Add the butter and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally for 1 minute.
- Break the tomatoes apart by using a potato masher. Add the salt and vinegar to the pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes. Add the cooked pasta to the pan; stir to coat the ingredients..
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and basil. Serve immediately and ENJOY!
Looking for more recipes from Bunny’s Warm Oven, TRY THESE!
Swiss Steak…Gnocchi Macaroni and Cheese…Italian Tortellini Soup...Crock Pot Tuscan Chicken...Tuscan White Bean Bacon Soup
PIN IT FOR LATER
Tomato Butter Pan Sauce
- 2 12 ounce packages small tomatoes
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 Teaspoon finely chopped fresh garlic
- 3/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon white Balsamic vinegar
- 8 ounces pasta, cooked according to package directions.
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 8 ounces pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
DON’T MISS A RECIPE!
Get new free recipes delivered right to your inbox