This is a wonderful dessert that can be made with or without a liquor. This easy but very impressive dessert can be made for an adult dinner party using either Grand Marnier, Kirch or Triple Sec. The sliced strawberries are macerated in the liquor and then drained. The slight orange flavor in the dessert is wonderful.
It can also be served without alcohol for a family friendly treat by either omitting it or substituting the liquor for 2 Tablespoons of frozen orange juice concentrate that’s been thawed. You can also use 2 Tablespoons orange juice with one Teaspoon orange extract. Strawberry Mousse, two fantastic versions for one delicious treat, Enjoy!
- 1 pound fresh ripe strawberries, hulled and sliced,plus extra for a garnish
- 2 Tablespoons white sugar
- 2 Tablespoon of either Grand Marnier, Kirch or Triple Sec ,optional. For a nonalcoholic version either omit the liqueur or substitute it with 2 Tablespoons frozen thawed orange juice concentrate or use 2 Tablespoons orange juice w/ 1/2 Teaspoon orange extract
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream, (reserve 1/4 cup for garnish after it's whipped)
Place the sliced strawberries in a medium bowl, sprinkle with the white sugar and Grand Marnier. If you want a non alcoholic version either omit the Grand Marnier or substitute it for 2 Tablespoons frozen thawed orange juice concentrate. or 2 Tablespoons orange juice and one Teaspoon orange extract. Let macerate for 15 minutes.
After 15 minutes, drain the strawberries, place the berries in a blender, blend until smooth.
In a large bowl beat the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form, reserve a quarter cup of the whipped cream to garnish the dessert cups. Add the confectioners sugar and beat until sugar is just incorporated. Gently fold the processed strawberries into the whipped cream. Place in dessert dishes. Refrigerate with a piece of plastic on the surface of the mousse until you're ready to garnish and serve. Garnish with whipped cream and sliced strawberries. Chill until ready to serve.
This dessert serves 4 - 6 people depending on the dessert dish it's served in. This dessert can also be made with a lb bag of frozen whole strawberries that have been thawed and sliced.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may like these as well.