Single Serving Blueberry Mug Cake
This is the first time I’ve ever made a mug cake. I couldn’t believe how fast, easy and delicious this was! The batter literally takes minutes to put together, the cook time in the microwave is 60 -90 minutes. Check after 60 minutes though, it would be very easy to overcook.
Cinnamon and nutmeg give the cake that warm spice flavor we love so much. Brown sugar sweetens the cake and gives it a rich brown color and pairs well with the spices. The cake texture is soft, moist and studded with fresh blueberries. The glaze made of powdered sugar and water is just enough to drizzle and makes a nice topping.
How many times have you wished you had something sweet but didn’t want to make a whole cake? This is perfect for those occasions. Kick this up a notch by adding a scoop of ice cream to the warm cake (my son’s suggestion as he was gobbling his up) for a decadent little treat for just the two of you. Just think about how nice it’ll be to have a sweet treat in the summer without turning the oven on! Single Serving Blueberry Mug Cake, this one’s a keeper Kids!
Single Serving Glazed Blueberry Mug Cake
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg yolk only the yolk
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons fresh blueberries
- 2 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon water, more if needed to make a smooth glaze
- Place 2 Tablespoons of butter in a large coffee mug. Place the mug in the microwave and cook 30 - 45 seconds until the butter has melted. Add the remaining cake ingredients except the fresh blueberries to the mug. Mix thoroughly with a fork, stir in the blueberries.Place the mug into the microwave, cook 60 - 90 seconds until cake pulls away from the side of the mug and the top is dry. Combine the powdered sugar and water, stir until well incorporate, drizzle over cake.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may like these as well.