Tender, buttery and delicious is the only way to describe Whipped shortbread Drop Cookies.
Whipped Shortbread Drop Cookies
Tender, buttery and delicious shortbread with an ever so slight crisp when it hits your mouth. These cookies are whipped with your mixer, not pressed into a baking pan, measured out with a tablespoon and baked on a parchment lined baking sheet. I had them mixed, baked and the dishes were done in an hour.
Shortbread Flavor and Decoration Options for Drop Cookies:
The recipe yields two dozen delicious buttery cookies that didn’t last long around here. One of the things I love about cookies like these, are the options you have when making and baking them. Here are just a few options to think about when making them:
When Making Drop Cookies:
- Use a flavored extract of your choice in the shortbread dough when mixing it together
- Decorate the top of the shortbread with your favorite flavored glaze
- Place a half pecan or walnut piece in the center of the shortbread dough before baking
- Sandwiches the shortbread together with a little fruit preserve in the middle after they’re baked
- Dip half the baked shortbread cookie in melted chocolate
- Place 2 chocolate chips in the center of the dough before baking
Whipped Shortbread Drop Cookies can have a different flavor and appearance every time you make them. The possibilities are endless, and simply delicious.
The Steps for the Drop Cookies:
We start our Whipped Shortbread Drop Cookies by placing 1 cup of softened butter into a large mixing bowl.
Beat the butter until it’s smooth and creamy.
Add the flour, vanilla, and powdered sugar to the bowl. Mix until the shortbread dough is smooth and the butter is incorporated into the dough evenly.
Measure the dough out with a one Tablespoon measuring spoon and place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet 2 inches apart. You can decorate the shortbread dough with a couple of nuts or chocolate chips if you want to at this time by placing them in the center of the dough.
Baking the Drop Cookies
Place the cookie sheet in a preheated 350-degree oven and bake approximately 13 – 15 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are light brown. Remove the shortbread from the oven and let cool on the cookie sheet five minutes then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
After the shortbread has cooled you can glaze them, dip half the cookie in melted chocolate, sandwich them together with a fruit jam in the middle or enjoy these cookies just the way they are.
Whipped Shortbread Drop Cookies are incredibly tender and delicious.
This shortbread cookie recipe is so easy to make that you’ll find yourself making them often.
Whipped Shortbread Drop Cookies would be perfect for holiday cookie trays, as gifts during the holidays for the mailman, paper boy or your child’s teacher, any bake sale your favorite organization would have during the year and office parties. Make them and …ENJOY!
PIN IT FOR LATER
LOOKING FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES FROM BUNNY’S WARM OVEN, TRY THESE!
Whipped Shortbread Drop Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- 1 cup butter 2 sticks, softened
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or the extract flavor of your choice
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, beat the butter until smooth, add the flour, powdered sugar and vanilla. Mix until dough is smooth and butter is incorporated into the mix evenly.
- Measure the dough by Tablespoons and place on the parchment lined cookie sheet 2 inches a part. You can decorate with nuts or chocolate chips at this time by placing them in the center of the dough.
- Place cookie sheet in your preheated 350 degree oven and bake for approximately 13 - 15 minutes or until the edges are light brown. Being careful not to over bake them and have the edges too brown. Remove from oven and let cool on cookie sheet 5 minutes, transfer to a cooling rack.
- After cookies have cooled you can glaze them, dip half of the cookie in melted chocolate or sandwich them together with a fruit preserve in the middle or enjoy their buttery goodness without embellishments.
Looking for more cookie recipes, try these from other bloggers.
Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies
DON’T MISS A RECIPE!
Get new free recipes delivered right to your inbox
I made this 2 years ago and my family absolutely LOVED them! Now, a question: how do/would these turn out if I refrigerated the dough a day ahead of baking them, OR could I form them into Tablespoon-size balls and freeze the dough? So short on time these days! 🙂