Sometimes you just don’t feel like going through the process of making a whole apple pie, even though your craving it. Thanks to puff pastry this easy apple dessert comes together quickly. The very simple homemade apple filling combined with the flaky pastry makes this one fantastic easy dessert. Puff Pastry Apple Dessert is comfort food, easy comfort food! Serve this Fall apple treat warm with ice cream or cream and Enjoy!
Puff Pastry Apple Dessert
- 1 sheet thawed Puff Pastry
- 4 large Gala Apples peeled, cored, diced
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg yolk slightly beaten
- white sugar for sprinkling
- ice cream or cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place the thawed puff pastry on your counter. Place an 8 oz ramekin upside down on the pastry, press down to make an impression, repeat to make 4 circles. Cut the circles out, set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, 2 Tablespoons sugar and cinnamon, stir to combine. Add the diced apples and vanilla to the bowl. Toss to coat the apples. Divide equally among the 4 ramekins. Place the puff pastry circles on top of the apples. Brush the egg yolk over the puff pastry, sprinkle generously with sugar. Place on a cookie sheet to bake. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until puff pastry is golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream or cream.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you make like these as well.